Consivas 10mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Consivas 10mg Tab is a statin medicine that is used for reducing the levels of bad cholesterol (also called low-density lipoprotein (LDL)) in the body. The generic name of the medicine is rosuvastatin.
Uses of Consivas 10mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels, especially the LDL
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Prevention of stroke
- Lowering the risk of heart attack
Contraindications of Consivas 10mg Tab
- Acute liver problems or abnormal laboratory tests for the liver enzymes
- Kidney problems
- Breast-feeding or pregnant women
- You are allergic to this medicine and other lipid-lowering statin medicines
- Alcohol addicts
- On the prescription of cyclosporine
Side effects of Consivas 10mg Tab
- General side effects of Consivas 10mg Tab are headache, stomachache, heartburn, constipation, nausea, feeling sick, muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, albuminuria for a short period and diabetes
- A serious side effect of myopathy can occur in the form of muscle ache, lethargy and fever, leading to acute kidney failure. Immediately report to your doctor if you have symptoms of fever, dark-coloured urine, skin rashes or itching and muscles painread less
- Rare possible side effects of this medicine are swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat, swallowing problem, breathing difficulties, severe skin itching, increased liver enzymes, bruising or bleeding more quickly due to low level of blood plateletsread less
- Very rare possible side effects of this medicine include yellowing of the skin and eyes, hepatitis, jaundice, blood in your urine and numbness
Precautions and Warnings of Consivas 10mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine can cause harmful effects if it is administered during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before starting this medication as this medication can harm the foetus. The doctor will also advise the effective oral contraceptive methods for women of reproductive age (who have been prescribed this medicine).
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking this medication if you are breastfeeding as it passes into breast milk. There is a lack of information on the safety of this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, you can drive as this medicine do not influence the driving skills. However, if you feel dizzy, do not drive and report to your doctor.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Limit alcohol consumption during the prescription of this medicine as it can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have taken as antibiotic called fusidic acid (in the last seven days), as it can cause serious side effects like rhabdomyolysis
- You have kidney or liver disease and fibromyalgia
- You have a family history of muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- You consume alcohol regularly
Mode of Action of Consivas 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Consivas 10mg Tab inhibits the action of enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase, which is accountable for the production of cholesterol, thus lowering the levels of cholesterol and LDL and increasing the levels of good cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein).
Directions for Use of Consivas 10mg Tab
Swallow the tablet with water in the prescribed amount by the doctor. It can be taken along with food or also without food.
Interactions of Consivas 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacid should not be taken together with this medication as antacid reduces systemic exposure of this medicine
- This medicine interacts with other lipid-lowering medicines, thereby increasing the risk of myopathy
- Check lipid levels while combining this medication along with amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil
- This medicine should not be taken together with fusidic acid (medicine for bacterial infections) or within seven days of receiving fusidic acid as it can cause severe muscle damage
- Cyclosporine, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors interact with this medicine and can lead to serious side effectsread less
Interactions with food items
Restrict the intake of grapefruit juice to minimal amounts during the prescription of this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Avoid this medication if you have liver and kidneys ailments, muscle problems, severe lung disease, and underactive thyroid. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also recommended to do the same.
Storage and disposal of Consivas 10mg Tab
Store this medication below 30°C in the original packaging to protect from moisture, heat, light and reach of children. Dispose of the expired medicine through standard waste management procedures.
Dosage of Consivas 10mg Tab
Report to the doctor in case of an overdose. Overdose of Consivas 10mg Tab is known to cause side effects such as headache, stomachache, heartburn, constipation, nausea, feeling sick, muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, skin rashes.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose of this medicine needs to be taken immediately as it is remembered. The missed dose needs to be skipped if the time of administration of the next dose is near. Do not take additional treatment (extra doses) for the missed dosage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while administering this medicine?
A: Inform the doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, or are breastfeeding or pregnant. Avoid eating foods with high-fat content and stay active (through regular exercise) for achieving the excellent effects of the medicine.
Q: How can I take medicine daily without forgetting?
A: Everyday, schedule the administration of this medicine at the same time. If you forget to take this medication, try relating to the specific daily activity like breakfast, brushing teeth, morning walk or try reminding yourself by using an alarm clock or a pillbox.
Q: Can I take a tablet with meals?
A: This medicine can be taken with food or without food.
Q: Can I stop the medication?
A: No, you cannot stop taking the medicine on your own as your cholesterol levels will go up as a side effect. Talk to your doctor if you want to stop the medicine as he/she will regulate or stop its use based on your lab results and condition.
Q: Does this medicine increase the risk of diabetes?
A: Taking this medicine may increase the perils of getting diabetes (if your blood sugar levels are high or you take sugar or glucose-containing foods in high quantity), as this medicine increases the levels of blood sugar. Talk to your doctor about this; she/he may advise the regular monitoring of blood sugar levels.
Q: How soon will my cholesterol become normal?
A: You may see the effects of this medicine in two to four weeks after starting its administration. Depending upon your blood lipid levels and your condition, your doctor may adjust the dosage.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: information for the patient. Crestor® 5 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 10 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 20 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 40 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. DailyMed. Label: Rosuvastatin – rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- National Health Service (NHS). Rosuvastatin
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Rosuvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets.
- Martin PD, et al. The effect of a combination antacid preparation containing aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide on rosuvastatin pharmacokinetics, 2008.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:15 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved