Concor Plus Tablet
By MERCK LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Concor Plus Tablet Description
Concor plus tablet is a combination medicine containing bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure. The medication keeps the high blood pressure in the control level
range and prevents heart attacks. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. If you observe any severe side effects, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital. Store the medication in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Before starting the treatment give a detailed account of your medical history and your current medications.
|You Save||₹24.52 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bisoprolol(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||hypertension, prevention of heart attack|
|Side effects||dizziness, nausea, cold sensation, hypotension, low heart rate, excessive urination|
Check more medicines with composition as Bisoprolol(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)
Uses of Concor Plus Tablet
- Prevention of heart attack
Contraindications of Concor Plus Tablet
- Allergy to this medication or any other excipient
- Cardiac failure
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Chronic asthma
- Diabetes mellitus
- Impaired kidney function
- Impaired liver disease
Side effects of Concor Plus Tablet
- Decreased heart rate
- Increased levels of uric acid in your body
- Increased calcium levels in your body
- Electrolyte imbalances
- Cold sensation in your legs and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Concor Plus Tablet
Can Concor plus tablet be taken during pregnancy?
This medication can be unsafe during pregnancy; animal studies have shown that it has harmful effects on the baby; hence, consult your doctor before taking it. Your doctor will assess the risk-benefit ratio.
Can we take Concor plus tablet during breastfeeding?
The medication is contraindicated to be used during the breastfeeding stage hence do not use this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Concor plus tablet?
The medication can result in dizziness, affecting your driving ability; hence, do not use this medication if you are driving.
Can I consume alcohol after taking Concor plus tablet?
The use of alcohol with this medication can cause extreme drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medication
- You have a history of congestive heart failure
- You are diabetic
- You are suffering from asthma
- Using this medication with other beta-blockers can cause severe hypovolemia
- You are using insulin for diabetes management
- You are suffering from kidney or liver dysfunction
- You have heart diseases
- You are taking other prescription, non-prescription medications, vitamins or minerals
Mode of Action of Concor Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Bisoprolol is a beta-blocker that blocks the beta-adrenergic receptors and prevents vasoconstriction in hypertensive patients, increasing blood pressure. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic used to remove extra water from the body and decrease the workload of the heart....
Directions for Use of Concor Plus Tablet
- Only the doctor can prescribe you this medication
- Take the medication in the dose and for the duration advised by your doctor
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet in half
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Concor Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other antihypertensive agents may potentiate the action of Concor plus tablet
- Co-administration of catecholamine depleting drugs like reserpine or guanethidine with bisoprolol may produce an excessive reduction of sympathetic activity
- Concomitant use of digitalis glycoside and beta-blocker may slow atrioventricular conduction and decrease heart rate thereby, increasing the risk of bradycardia
- Concurrent use of rifampin may increase the metabolic clearance rate of bisoprolol, shortening its elimination half-life
- Barbiturates or narcotics upon administration with thiazide diuretics may lead to potentiation of orthostatic hypotension
- Absorption of hydrochlorothiazide is imapired when taken with cholestyramine and colestipol resins
- Corticosteroids, when taken with diuretics, may intensify the electrolyte depletion
- Concomitant use of skeletal muscle relaxants with hydrochlorothiazide may increase the responsiveness to the muscle relaxants
- Diuretics, when given with lithium, reduce the renal clearance of lithium, thereby adding to the risk of lithium toxicity
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents minimize the effect of thiazide diuretics
Other general Interactions
Do not use this medication with a history of heart failure, diabetes, asthma, renal disease, or hepatic failure, which can exaggerate the effects of the drug.
Storage and disposal of Concor Plus Tablet
- Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place
- Keep the medication away from moisture and direct sunlight
- Keep away from children and pets
- Do not flush the unused tablets or discard them in household waste
- Talk to your pharmacist about a safe way of discarding the unused or expired medications
Dosage of Concor Plus Tablet
Overdosing can result in low heart rate, hypovolemia, dizziness, delirium and respiratory arrest. Report to your doctor immediately if an overdose occurs; immediate treatment is required.
Missed a Dose
If the dose is missed, the medication should be taken as soon as possible. Make sure you have the proper time interval between two doses. If the time interval is near the second dose, skip the previous dose and follow the regular schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have high blood pressure. Can I use Concor plus tablet?
A: Concor plus tablet effectively reduces high blood pressure and decreases the workload on your heart; however, consult your doctor before taking this medication. A doctor will better assess your situation.
Q: How long do I have to take Concor plus tablet?
A: Concor plus can effectively reduce your high blood pressure. However, you have to incorporate changes in your diet and lifestyle for a better effect. Although the medication can show a noticeable effect after three months of usage, do not stop your medication in between, resulting in severe complications. Instead, consult your doctor for your treatment.
Q: Will Concor plus affect my kidneys and lungs?
A: The medication is generally safe to be used; however, in a few patients with a history of kidney injury or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the drug can cause affect the functioning of organs.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed