Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml Description
Cofryl Syrup is a cough and cold medicine. It is used to reduce cough associated with thick sputum. It also reduces runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and congestion. Cofryl Syrup is a comb
ination medicine containing diphenhydramine, ammonium chloride, and sodium citrate as active substances. If you experience drowsiness after taking this medicine, do not drive vehicles or operate machinery for 4 to 6 hours after taking the last dose. Talk to your doctor if coughing persists for more than 4 days or if you have any medical condition, or are pregnant or breastfeeding. Before starting the treatment with Cofryl Syrup, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history. Shake well before use.
|You Save||₹12.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diphenhydramine(14.08 Mg) + Ammonium Chloride(138.0 Mg) + Sodium Citrate(57.03 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough and cold|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, tiredness, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Cofsils Syrup 100mlBy Cipla Gx100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 95.00₹ 66.50₹
Uses of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
- Cofryl Syrup is used to treat cough and cold, especially associated with phlegm.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, and stuffy nose.
Contraindications of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
- If you are allergic to diphenhydramine, ammonium chloride, sodium citrate, or any of the ingredients of Cofryl Syrup.
- If you are taking medicines like MAO inhibitors (Selegiline, Phenelzine, etc) which are used for psychiatric illness.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye which produces painful, red eyes and gradual vision loss).
- If you have ulcers in the stomach and intestine (symptoms like vomiting, acidity, indigestion, bleeding, black stool) or any problems related to your stomach.
- If you have prostate problems (conditions like benign prostatic hyperplasia which is characterized by difficulty in urination, frequent urge to go to urination and dribbling of urine).
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have an asthma attack.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking other sedating antihistamines medicines like Promethazine and Chlorpheniramine.
Side effects of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
Precautions and Warnings of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have any breathing problems, pneumonia, asthma or any other disease.
- You have glaucoma or fit.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age as older individuals should be cautious while using this medicine as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination problems with this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine to make a child sleepy.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. So, be cautious while using it.
- Stop using this medicine and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious condition.
- Do not share Cofryl Syrup with another if they have similar symptoms.
Mode of Action of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Cofryl Syrup is a combination medicine containing diphenhydramine, ammonium chloride, and sodium citrate which helps in reducing cough with phlegm.
- Diphenhydramine blocks the effects of allergic chemicals and provides relief from allergic symptoms such as running nose and watery eyes.
- Ammonium chloride is an expectorant agent which increases the water content in the windpipe. Therefore, cough associated with thick mucus (phlegm) is relieved by making the mucus easy to expel.
- Sodium citrate is a mucolytic agent which decreases the consistency of this mucus and makes it thin. Thus, these agents help to remove this mucus from the windpipe and lungs and improve the patient’s condition....
Directions for Use of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
- Take Cofryl Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking Cofryl Syrup on your own.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Interactions of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cofryl Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction
- Cofryl Syrup should not be used concomitantly with MAO inhibitors like Selegiline and Isocarboxazid (used for psychiatric illness). It produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness) and sweating. In such a situation, patients should rush to a nearby hospital immediately....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with other anti-allergic medicines like Cetirizine, medicines like Atropine, Benztropine (used to treat travel or motion sickness, stomach cramps, Parkinson’s disease), opioids like Codeine, Morphine (to relieve severe painful conditions), medicines like Propranolol, Metoprolol (used to treat heart problems, to decrease blood pressure) and may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Other medicines like Amitriptyline, Doxepin and Ephedrine should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Cofryl Cough Syrup 100ml
- Store Cofryl Syrup below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.