By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Co2 Tablet contains a combination of cefixime and ofloxacin as its active ingredients. It is an antibiotic medicine. It works by inhibiting the growth of causative organisms.
Uses of Co2 Tablet
Co2 Tablet is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Co2 Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin, cephalosporins like cefuroxime, fluoroquinolones like ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of Co2 Tablet.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Co2 Tablet
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems.
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals.
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain.
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances.
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing.
- Irritation in the eyes and blurred vision.
Precautions and Warnings of Co2 Tablet
Can I take Co2 Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effect of Co2 Tablet on pregnancy. Always consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Co2 Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Co2 Tablet on breastfeeding. Thus, always consult your doctor before taking any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Co2 Tablet?
Co2 Tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Co2 Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Co2 Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of the tissue which connects muscles to the bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- Co2 Tablet should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
Mode of Action of Co2 Tablet
How Does It Work?
Co2 Tablet works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Co2 Tablet
- Co2 Tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Co2 Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Co2 Tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking the acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicines to treat asthma, like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin.Read less
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicines for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience a tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Co2 Tablet
- Store Co2 Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Co2 Tablet
- An excess of Co2 Tablet can cause confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeats, nausea.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Co2 Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Are there any specific cautions needed when taking Co2 Tablet?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: Can the use of Co2 Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Co2 Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Can I stop taking Co2 Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Co2 Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment else there are chances of recurrence of infection.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 Jun 2021 | 06:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved