Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
Clonaxyl Plus Tablets Description
Clonaxyl Plus tablet is a combination medication used to treat infantile spasms, anxiety, and depression. It is also effective in the treatment of epilepsy and panic attacks. The active ingredient in
Clonaxyl Plus tablets is Clonazepam. This tablet reduces the excess activity of nerve cells. It is prescribed in combination with other medications or alone. Clonaxyl Plus tablets belong to the class of medications known as Benzodiazepines (commonly known as tranquillisers), which work by reducing irregular electrical activities in the brain. Directions for use of Clonaxyl Plus tablets should be strictly followed. The course of treatment should be completed before stopping. The medication should not be given to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms or condition. The doctor should be informed about the user’s medical history and if they are taking any new medicines - this is to check for any medicine interactions. Pregnant and nursing women should use this medication with extreme caution. Side effects of Clonaxyl Plus tablets include dizziness, drowsiness, or unsteadiness.
|You Save||₹20.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, Seizure Disorders, Infantile Spasms, Panic Disorder, Akinetic and Myoclonic Seizures|
|Side effects||Drowsiness or Dizziness, Unsteadiness, Problems with Coordination, Difficulty in Thinking or Remembering|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
- Clonaxyl Plus tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Seizure disorders
- Infantile spasms
- Panic Disorder (Occurrence of unexpected panic attacks)
Contraindications of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
- Avoid taking Clonaxyl Plus tablet in case of the following conditions:
- If you have been diagnosed with acute narrow-angle glaucoma; this medicine can worsen the condition.
- If you are allergic to escitalopram, or other SSRIs, clonazepam, and benzodiazepines
- If you have a biochemical or clinical history of liver disease.
Side effects of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
- Side effects of Clonaxyl Plus Tab include:
- Problems with coordination
- Difficulty in thinking or remembering
Precautions and Warnings of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You notice behavioural changes or suicidal thoughts while taking Clonaxyl Plus tablets.
- You have a history of kidney, heart, or liver problems.
- You are under 18. The safety of this medicine is not clinically established for this age group.
- You have diabetes. Use caution as Clonaxyl Plus tablets increase the risk of altered blood glucose levels.
- You experience abnormal bleeding. This medicine may increase the risk of abnormal bleeding in some. This risk is higher in those with a history of bleeding disorders.
- You have difficulties with general awareness and movement.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after suddenly stopping this medicine. The risk is higher after prolonged usage of Clonaxyl Plus tablets.
- You have a history of drug abuse. Use caution. There are chances of dependency on the medicine, especially if used for long.
Mode of Action of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
- Take Clonaxyl Plus tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Consume Clonaxyl Plus tablet orally.
- The tablet is usually consumed one to three times a day.
- It can be taken with or without food. Have it after meals in case of any stomach problems.
- Take Clonaxyl Plus tablets around the same time every day.
- Closely monitor the user for any changes in behaviour or mood during treatment with this medicine.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist to solve your queries regarding the medicine and its consumption.
- Do not stop taking Clonaxyl Plus tablets without talking to the doctor.
Interactions of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medication is a combination of Clonazepam 0.5 mg and Escitalopram 10 mg. Be on alert if you are taking Clonaxyl Plus tablet with any of these medicines:
- Carbamazepine – Taking Clonaxyl Plus Tab with carbamazepine can be extremely dangerous. Speak with your healthcare practitioner before consuming.
- Anticoagulants – Avoid taking Clonaxyl Plus Tab with anticoagulants as it can cause harm.
- Cetirizine – The mixture of Clonaxyl Plus Tab with Cetirizine is contraindicated.
- Codeine - Avoid taking Clonaxyl Plus Tab with Codeine as it can cause harm.
- Opiate agonists - Avoid taking Clonaxyl Plus Tab with opiate agonists as it can cause harm.
- Antipsychotics – Do not combine Clonaxyl Plus Tab with antipsychotics without speaking with your healthcare practitioner.
Storage and disposal of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
Dosage of Clonaxyl Plus Tablets
- Clonaxyl Plus tablet overdose symptoms include seizures, collapse, troubled breathing, and irregular heartbeat. In case of an overdose of the medicine, call the emergency medical helpline or contact your healthcare advisor....