Clonam 0.5mg Tablets
Clonam 0.5 MG Description
Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet is a medicine used to manage epilepsy (seizures) and anxiety disorders. Clonam 0.5 mg Tablets help reduce abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity in the brain, thereby relaxin
g it. It belongs to the Benzodiazepine (BZD or tranquilisers) class of medicines. The active ingredient of Clonam 0.5 mg Tablets is Clonazepam. Clonam 0.5 mg tablet is also used in the treatment of panic disorders, such as sudden, intense fear and tension caused by stress. Frequent side effects of Clonam 0.5 mg include fatigue, depression, memory loss, disorientation, and dizziness. Because clonazepam has a strong habit-forming potential, follow the doctor's instructions completely. Stopping Clonam 0.5 MG Tablet suddenly might produce withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, impaired vision, and other issues. Inform your doctor about your medical history, especially about any heart, liver, or kidney issues. All other active medications should be disclosed to your doctor to avoid Clonam 0.5 mg interaction with other medications. Consult your doctor before using Clonam 0.5 MG Tablet if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
|You Save||₹4.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizures, Epilepsy|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Depression, Impaired coordination, Dizziness and Sleepiness|
Uses of Clonam 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO clonazepam is used in,
- Treatment of Epilepsy
- Management of symptoms of different types of seizures
- Alleviating the symptoms of anxiety disorder like intense fear
Contraindications of Clonam 0.5 MG
Side effects of Clonam 0.5 MG
- Impaired coordination
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Clonam 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts and experience suicidal tendencies while taking this medication. Report any such incident to your doctor so that counselling and monitoring can be done regularly.
- You have a history of medicine dependence and abuse. Clonam 0.5 mg tablet can be habit-forming and must not be taken in large quantities over an extended period. As a result, any changes in mood or behaviour will be observed during your therapy with this prescription....
- Older persons should use Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet with extreme caution due to the increased risk of sedation (drowsiness) and muscle weakness.
Mode of Action of Clonam 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonam 0.5 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet.
- Take the whole pill without breaking it or crushing it.
- It is a non-chewable tablet, so do not chew it.
- While using the prescription, ensure to follow all of the instructions on the label.
- Make sure to take the tablet with food daily at the same time.
Interactions of Clonam 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Atenolol and clonazepam interaction can lower blood pressure in those with hypertension.
- Carbamazepine may raise clonazepam's serum level and lead to toxicity.
- Cetirizine may increase clonazepam metabolism and reduce therapeutic impact; use an alternative sedative/hypnotic medicine instead.
- Codeine medicines are known to interact with Clonam 0.5mg.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having caffeine-containing foods like tea, coffee, chocolates, and so on while using Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet. This is because caffeine stimulates the brain, whereas Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet relaxes it. As a result, drinking too much coffee may reduce the ability of this prescription to calm the brain and worsen the condition....
Storage and disposal of Clonam 0.5 MG
Dosage of Clonam 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet?
Q: Is Clonam 0.5 mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Is Clonam 0.5 mg Tablet a sedative?
- Sandoz.ca. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Klonopin, a benzodiazepine, is available as scored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 0.5 mg of clonazepam and unscored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 1 mg or 2 mg of clonazepam. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch, with the following colorants: 0.5 mg-FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake; 1 mg-FD&C Blue No. 1 Lake and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Jan 26];1440(1):13–13. Available from: