Clodid B Oint
Clodid B Oint Description
Clodid B Ointment is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used to treat skin infections that are caused due to fungi such as ringworm, fungal infections between the toes, etc. Clodid B is a combination med
icine containing beclomethasone and clotrimazole. This Ointment is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Clodid B Oint
Contraindications of Clodid B Oint
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, clotrimazole or any of the ingredients of Clodid B Ointment.
- If you have a history of any other corticosteroids or imidazoles.
Side effects of Clodid B Oint
Precautions and Warnings of Clodid B Oint
Other General Warnings
- You develop any skin reactions or allergic reactions after applying Clodid B Ointment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You are using this medicine for over two weeks, as prolonged use of this medicine can cause symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, depression, low blood pressure, etc.
- Do not use this Ointment on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not apply this medicine for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Clodid B Ointment is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Clodid B Oint
How Does It Work?
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins, which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Clotrimazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component, which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus, causing infection.
Directions for Use of Clodid B Oint
- Clodid B Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Clean and dry the affected area well.
- Apply the Ointment on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Ointment, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clodid B Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- As Clodid B Ointment is meant for external use, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like mifepristone, adesleukin, ritonavir should be used with caution with this Ointment.
Storage and disposal of Clodid B Oint
- Store Clodid B Ointment in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Clodid B Oint
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Clodid B Ointment work?
Q: Can Clodid B Ointment be used for ringworm infection?
- Canison B Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms inhaler (with Dose Indicator) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]