Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It belongs to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet i
s used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. This medicine is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult’s supervision. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment....
Uses of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other penicillin antibiotics.
Side effects of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Shortness of breath
- Allergic reactions like skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body.
Precautions and Warnings of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child has any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Your child develops an allergic reaction or diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- It is advised not to give medicine to stop loose motions without consulting a doctor. Keep the child hydrated.
- Try to give the medicine at the same time each day in order to avoid missing the dose.
- Do not prescribe the same medicine to anyone even if they have the same symptoms.
Mode of Action of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) whi
ch can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact d
uration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet....
Interactions of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet if, taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed ornon-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....Read more
- In particular, if your child is already on medicines containing paracetamol or ibuprofen.
Storage and disposal of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clamp Kid 228.5mg Tablet
If you think you have given too much of this medicine to your child and your child develops any unusual symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or take your child to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your
next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: Will Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due by various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Clamp Kid 228.5mg tablet is safe and effective when taken in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. However, if your child experiences any side effects after taking this medicine reach out to your doctor.
|You Save||₹57.49 (35% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(28.5 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, swelling, skin rash|
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved