Cinod T 5mg Tablet
By AJANTA PHARMA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cinod T Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine that contains a combination of cilnidipine and telmisartan as its active ingredients. This medicine is used for the treatment of hypertension (high bloo
d pressure). It works by suppressing the contraction of blood vessels thereby reducing blood pressure. The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. You should take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure is a critical health condition, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better. A few of these modifications include eating a low fat and salt diet, maintaining a healthy weight, regular exercise, limiting alcohol consumption and avoid smoking....
Uses of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
For the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cilnidipine or telmisartan or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have any liver disorder.
- If you are diabetic or have a known kidney problem and taking aliskiren (a medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure).
- If you are known to have the biliary obstructive disorder (blockade of bile from the liver)
Side effects of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
Can I take the Cinod T Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine must not be used during pregnancy as it can cause serious harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Cinod T Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into the breastmilk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Your doctor may suggest alternative therapy. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cinod T Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness which results in altered concentration, while on this medicine. Thus, it is recommended to avoid driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cinod T Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with this medicine may cause increased dizziness, decreased blood pressure. So, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of heart problem like heart failure, chest pain.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have decreased blood volume.
- You have diabetes or its complications such as diabetic nephropathy.
- You have raised aldosterone levels.
- You experience an increase in the potassium level or sugar level in your blood.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine act by relaxing the blood vessels so that the heart can pump the blood more easily and it leads to lowering of the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if y
ou take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Cinod T Tablet works or this combination medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially, if you are taking digoxin, diuretics, psychiatric medicine (antimanic), NSAIDs, other hypertensive and corticosteroids medicines to treat various conditions.
Storage and disposal of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cinod T 5mg Tablet
- An overdose of this medicine can lead to adverse effects like decreased blood pressure, dizziness, low heart rate etc. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of theseverity of an overdose....Read more
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine and take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never take two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How this Cinod T Tablet works?
A: This is a combination medicine that act by relaxing the blood vessels so that the heart can pump the blood more easily and it leads to lowering of the blood pressure.
Q: How do I take the Cinod T Tablet?
A: Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Take the Tablet as a whole with a glass of water. You can take this medicine with or without food, but always take it at the same time to gain optimal benefits.
Q: Can I stop taking the Cinod T Tablet on my own?
A: You should never stop taking this medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in severe heart-related conditions such as chest pain (angina), heart attack, severe blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- Centapres tablet. [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- Micardis tablet. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved