Cimetin 200mg Tab
By PCI PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cimetin Tablet is a medicine used for production of acid in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcer in the stomach and intestine. It is used to relieve heartburn, acidity and to treat gastroeso
phageal reflux disease (GERD). Cimetin Tablet contains cimetidine as its active component. Take as prescribed by the doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications helps you to manage the acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best....
Uses of Cimetin 200mg Tab
- Cimetin Tablet is used for the treatment of heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn and irritation.
Contraindications of Cimetin 200mg Tab
If you are allergic to cimetidine or other ingredients of the medicine.
Side effects of Cimetin 200mg Tab
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Cimetin 200mg Tab
Can I take Cimetin Tablet during pregnancy?
Cimetin Tablet should be avoided by a pregnant woman unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Cimetin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid using Cimetin Tablet if you are breastfeeding as there is no information is available on the use of cimetidine during breastfeeding. Consult with the doctor before using the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cimetin Tablet?
Cimetin Tablet is not known to affect the driving abilities. However, if you feel dizzy, after taking the medicine avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cimetin Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol, discuss with the doctor if you consume alcohol too often and accordingly, he may suggest to you what will work best for you. Alcohol consumption may be associated with acidity problem and long term consumption leads to other complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may suffer from cancer in the stomach.
- You may have a kidney-related problem, a dose adjustment may be required.
- You are taking painkillers and while receiving the medicines for ulcer, especially the elderly should be observed regularly.
- You are supposed to take the medicine for a prolonged duration.
Mode of Action of Cimetin 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The stomach produces acid to digest food. When this acid is produced in excess, it leads to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Cimetidine in Cimetin Tablet blocks the secretion of gastric acid and thereby
reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps to relieve of acid concerned indigestion and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Cimetin 200mg Tab
- Cimetin Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Cimetin 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Cimetin Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- If you are taking blood thinners, antifungals, pain killers or medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, diabetes, cancer, HIV infection, fits.
Storage and disposal of Cimetin 200mg Tab
- Store Cimetin Tablet below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cimetin 200mg Tab
There are no know symptoms of an overdose. In case of an overdose consult a doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Cimetin Tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a dou
ble dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in the stomach from coming back into the food pipe. If the valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach, causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation.
Q: Is Cimetin Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Cimetin Tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an anti-ulcer medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Cimetin Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, tiredness, skin rashes while on treatment with Cimetin Tablet.
- Cimetidine Tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- Cimetidine Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cimetidine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 31 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 05:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved