Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
Cetanil M 50mg Tablet Description
Cetanil M Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains a combination of metoprolol and c
ilnidipine as its active ingredients. Cetanil M Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking medicine.
|You Save||₹22.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Hypertension (high blood pressure)|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, flushing, headache, low blood pressure|
Uses of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
- Cetanil M Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as heart failure. Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like stroke, heart attack and migraine....
Contraindications of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to metoprolol, cilnidipine or other ingredients of Cetanil M Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, or a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem or disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart-related problems such as low blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- You experience chest pain after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Cetanil M.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma and obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation-related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Cetanil M Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cilnidipine works by inhibiting certain receptors on your blood vessels responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. This relaxes and widens the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure.
- Metoprolol works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- You should try to consume this medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Storage and disposal of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
Dosage of Cetanil M 50mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cetanil M Tablet if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Can Cetanil M Tablet be taken empty stomach?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CENTAPRES® Tablets [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Limiting Alcohol to Manage High Blood Pressure [Internet]. www.heart.org. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]