Cetanil 10mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetanil 10 mg tablet contains cilnidipine as an active ingredient. It works towards reducing the increased blood pressure by blocking the calcium channels on the blood vessels and nerve endings. Do not use this medicine if you have heart-related diseases or have had a recent episode of a heart attack. This medicine should be kept away from the reach of children. Always consume the tablet only on and as per recommendation by your doctor
Uses of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
To treat mild to moderate high blood pressure
Contraindications of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cilnidipine the active ingredient of Cetanil tablet
- If you are allergic to calcium channel blockers group of medicines used to treat high blood pressure
- If you are suffering from chest pain (unstable angina)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure due to heart-related problems (cardiogenic shock)
- If you have had a recent heart attack
- If you have disorders related to the blood vessels (aortic stenosis)
Side effects of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
- Nausea, Dizziness, headache
- Swelling on legs
- Mood swings
- Stomach pain
- Irregular pounding heartbeats (palpitations)
- Abnormal liver functioning in rare cases
Precautions and Warnings of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
Can I take Cetanil 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Cetanil 10 mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may have undesirable effects on the developing foetus. Please consult your doctor for other safe
Can I take Cetanil 10mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available about whether or not the medicine is excreted into the milk, thus it is not advisable to take this medicine during the breastfeeding phase as it may harm the newborn baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetanil 10mg Tablet?
This medicine may make you fell nauseatic and drowsy which will interfere with your ability to drive. Thus it is recommended that you don’t drive after taking Cetanil 10 mg tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetanil 10mg Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol if you are taking this medicine as alcohol may lower your blood pressure and cause serious adverse effects. If you are a person suffering from high blood pressure, drinking alcohol will only increase your risk of developing other heart-related problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Cilnidipine
- You are allergic to Calcium channel blocker group of medicines
- You are suffering from low blood pressure
- You are taking other blood pressure medicines to lower blood pressure
- You are suffering from heart, liver, kidney and/or thyroid-related disorders
- You experience chest pain or uneasiness after taking this medicine
- You experience sudden excessive swelling on your legs
Mode of Action of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The heart pumps the blood into the blood vessels with a certain pressure, the force with which the blood enters the blood vessels is known as blood pressure. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a commonly known condition. When the blood flowing through blood vessels exerts more than normal pressure which may eventually damage the blood vessels. Cilnidipine belongs to the class of calcium channel blockers which are used to decrease increased blood pressure. It works by suppressing the different types of calcium channels present on both the blood vessels as well as the nerve endings. In the blood vessels, it prevents their contraction thereby reducing the blood pressure while in the sympathetic nerves it prevents the release of a chemical compound (norepinephrine) that affects the blood vessels and increases the blood pressure as a response to stress
Directions for Use of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water
- Do not crush or break the tablet
- Take the dosage as recommended by your doctor
- Do not consume the medicine if it has passed its expiry date
Interactions of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines such as carbamazepine, phenytoin that are used to treat brain-related disorders when taken along with Cetanil 10mg tablet may lead to low blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to control blood sugar levels (antidiabetic medicines) should be done with caution as it may lead to fluctuations in blood glucose levels. Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended.read less
- Medicines used to treat malaria (Primaquine), used to treat heartburn and related disorder-GERD (Cimetidine), antibiotics against tuberculosis (Rifampin) medicine used to control rhythm related heart disorder (Quinidine) and immune system modifier medicine (aldesleukin) should be used cautiously along with Cetanil 10 mg tablet as they increase the risk of adverse events.read less
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice
- Avoid salty and oily food
Other general Interactions
The active ingredient Cilnidipine alters the results of the blood test (vanillyl mandelic acid test) that helps detect various tumours in the body (tests are done for pheochromocytoma and neuroblastoma).
Storage and disposal of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
Keep the medicine at room temperature away from heat and light Keep it out of reach of children and pets Dispose off any medicine that has passed its expiry date, also dispose off any medicine that is no longer required
Dosage of Cetanil 10mg Tablet
As Cetanil 10 mg tablet works towards lowering your increased blood pressure, taking more than the recommended dosage of the same may cause undesirable effects. Very low blood pressure, slower heartbeats, dizziness, mental confusion, heavy breathing, and cardiac collapse in severe cases may be observed. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic individual with high blood pressure can I take Cetanil 10 mg tablet?
A: It is advised that you take this medicine only on the recommendation of your doctor. In case you are a diabetic and taking medicines to control your blood sugar levels, concomitant use of cetanil 10 mg tablet may fluctuate your blood sugar levels thus close monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended.
Q: I have swelling on my legs after taking this tablet, is it normal?
- When you are taking medicines to control increased blood sugar levels, slight swelling on your legs is common. It is advised that you raise your legs while you are sitting to reduce the swelling. In case if you have sudden uncontrolled swelling or swelling that doesn't go away even after a while, you are recommended to visit your nearest doctor or hospital.read less
Q: Which is better cilnidipine or amlodipine?
- Cilnidipine and amlodipine both belong to the calcium channel group of medicines and both work effectively towards lowering blood pressure by blocking the calcium channels. Cilnidipine work by blocking calcium channels both on the blood vessels and on the nerves while amlodipine works by blocking the calcium channels only in the blood vessels. Nonetheless, please consult your doctor for accurate advice as per your medical condition.read less
Q: What are the dietary restrictions that I need to follow when I have high blood pressure?
- High blood pressure directly makes you prone to heart-related disorders. Thus, if you are diagnosed with high blood pressure, you should limit your salt intake, limit intake of junk and fried food, consume nonveg only in roasted form, do not drink carbonated beverages, including a lot of fruits like pomegranate that will enhance your heart health in your diet. Include fresh green vegetables and refrain from bakery products and processed fruits as they will only do harm.read less
- Drugbank.Cilnidipine.[Accessed on 25-Jan-2021](online)
- CDSCO.Cilnidipine.[Accessed on 25-Jan-2021](online)
- NCBI. PMC.Effects of cilnidipine, a novel dihydropyridine calcium antagonist, on autonomic function, ambulatory blood pressure and heart rate in patients with essential hypertension.” British journal of clinical pharmacology vol. 50,6 (2000): 615-20. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2125.2000.00299.x
- JAPI.Cilnidipine the next generation calcium channel blocker. [Accessed on 25-Jan-2021](online)
- MedIndia.Cilnidipine.[Accessed 25-Jan-2021](online)
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved