Cernos 100mg Injection 1ml
Cernos 100 MG Description
Cernos Solution For Injection is a testosterone hormone replacement therapy. It is to be used with caution in the elderly and those with prostate problems. Cernos is not recommended in children below
3 years of age. Testosterone is the male sex hormone responsible for the development of male reproductive organs (penis and testicles) and related sexual characteristics like the development of body and facial hear, deep voice, sexual drive. Cernos is also important in the development of skeletal structure (bones and muscles). Some males who lack adequate quantities fail to have developed reproductive organs and secondary sexual characteristics.
- Sustanon 100mg Ampoule Of 1ml InjectionBy Zydus Healthcare Limited1ml Solution For Injection in AmpouleMRP 219.80₹ 186.83₹ 186.83/Ml
Precautions and Warnings of Cernos 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have or have ever experienced an allergy to testosterone medication.
- You are suffering from health conditions like breast cancer, endometrium cancer, kidney and/or lung cancer, kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, fits, migraine enlarged prostrate with difficulty in passing urine....
- You have a blood-related disorder like a condition wherein blood clots easily than normal which increases the chances of blood clots (thrombophilia).
- You are prone to blood clots in veins or are suffering from blood clotting disorders.
- You have high levels of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia), overproduction of parathyroid hormone in the body (hyperparathyroidism).
- You have had never experienced an episode of heart attack or stroke.
- You are suffering from a condition of water built up in your body (oedema).
- You are suffering from a serious breathing disorder wherein the breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep (sleep apnoea) as your condition may get worse if you are using testosterone.
- It is recommended that electrolyte, haemoglobin and calcium levels along with prostrate should be regularly examined in those receiving this treatment.
Uses of Cernos 100 MG
- To treat deficiency of the male sex hormone 'Testosterone' in males (Hypogonadism) and provide relief from the symptoms of hormonal deficiency like delay in the development of sexual characteristics (delayed puberty), unable to achieve an erection, infertility, low sex drive, tiredness, weakened bones and mood swings....
- As supportive therapy for females who want to get their gender changed (female to male transsexuals).
Contraindications of Cernos 100 MG
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient, testosterone in Cernos.
- If you have an allergy to peanut or soybean (as some inactive ingredients in this Solution For Injection may worsen your allergy).
- If you have or suspect to have a tumour of the prostate gland.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
Side effects of Cernos 100 MG
- Weight gain
- Enlargement of the breast in males
- Increase in size of the prostate gland
- Hair loss
- Disturbed sleep
- Decreased sperm production in males
- Increase in red blood cell and haemoglobin
- Pain at the site of Solution For Injection
- Repression of periods/menstrual cycle in women
- Development of masculine characters like deep voice and increase in body and facial hair
Mode of Action of Cernos 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cernos 100 MG
- Cernos Solution For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Cernos 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cernos Solution For Injection improve the sugar utilization in the body, thus a dose of insulin or other antidiabetic medications should be adjusted when used together. Hence, inform your doctor if you taking any antidiabetic medicines....
- This medicine enhances the action of blood-thinning medicines like warfarin, hence concomitant use should be done with caution.
- Concomitant use of Cernos Solution For Injection along with medicines used for inflammatory conditions (corticosteroids) may increase the risk of fluid built up in the body which is fatal if you are suffering from heart or kidney diseases....
Other general Interactions
Storage and disposal of Cernos 100 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine.
Dosage of Cernos 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will taking Cernos Solution For Injection cause weight gain?
Q: I am a teenage boy, I am very thin and my height is less than all of my friends, can I use Cernos to be helpful for me?
Q: Is taking the Testosterone as an Solution For Injection safe?
- Testosterone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Sustanon 250, 250mg/ml solution for injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Sustanon 250, 250mg/ml solution for injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]