Censpram Plus Tablet
Censpram Plus Tablet Description
Censpram Plus tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for various anxiety and mood disorders. It combines two medicines: escitalopram (10 mg) and clonazepam (0.5 mg). Escitalopram is an ant
idepressant, and it belongs to the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) class of medicines. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser, and it belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel, and it is always accompanied by major depressive disorder. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. It can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. The Censpram Plus tablet helps stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. It can also cause a relaxing mood and sedation effect. The dose of the Censpram tablet should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause dependency and habit-forming potential. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as this medicine can interact with them and have undesirable side effects.
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, weight gain, loss of appetite, low sexual desire, decreased orgasms, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Censpram Plus Tablet
- Anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Concentration difficulties
- Conditions causing dry mouth, as it increases salivation.
- Tiredness or fatigue
Contraindications of Censpram Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the components of the Censpram Plus tablet
- If you have a history of medicine or alcohol addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, as they can interfere, they can cause adverse reactions.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, it increases the fluid pressure in the eyes.
- If you have severe liver disease.
Side effects of Censpram Plus Tablet
- Slow heart rate
- Cold extremities
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
- Low sexual desire
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased orgasms
- Influenza-like symptoms
- Menstrual disorders
- Decreased appetites
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment, and they will disappear once you have adjusted to the dose. But, if any of these conditions persist for a long duration, consult your doctor immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Censpram Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any previous mild liver condition, this medicine may need some dose adjustment.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner, use the depran forte tablet cautiously.
- You are using any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You have kidney disorders, Censpram Plus can be safe. But consult your doctor as the side effects are increased in end-stage kidney failure.
- You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medicines.
- You have any heart condition.
- You have any respiratory diseases.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements.
- The effects of the medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
Mode of Action of Censpram Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Censpram Plus Tablet
- Take the Censpram Plus tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Take this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- It should not be stopped suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms.
Interactions of Censpram Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some severe reactions.
- Be careful while using opiates or narcotic painkillers with this tablet.
- If you’re using any anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders.
- If you’re using an anti-depression medication, do not use this medicine without informing your doctor.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take the Censpram Plus tablet with alcohol. It can interfere with medicine effects and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.