Cefoclox Xl Tablet
By KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefoclox XL tablet contains a combination of Cefpodoxime, Dicloxacillin and Lactic acid bacillus. It is used for the treatment of various types of bacterial infections. It is an antibiotic and is only effective against bacterial infections and not for a viral infection like flu or cold. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You must complete the entire course of Cefoclox Xl. Do not consume this medicine more than that prescribed by the doctor....
|You Save||₹54.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Lactic Acid(90.0 M),Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg),Dicloxacillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Lactic Acid(90.0 M) + Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Dicloxacillin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Cefoclox XL tablet is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, lungs, urinary tract, etc.
Contraindications of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime, Dicloxacillin, Lactobacillus sporogenes or any other ingredients of Cefoclox XL tablet.
- If you are allergic to any antibiotics like cephalosporins or penicillins.
Side effects of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Can I take Cefoclox XL tablet during pregnancy?
Cefoclox XL tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available about this medicine in pregnant women, thus you should consult your doctor. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Cefoclox XL tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Cefoclox XL tablet are known to pass into breast milk in small amounts, hence you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefoclox XL tablet?
Cefoclox XL tablet may make you feel dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefoclox XL tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Cefoclox XL tablet, alcohol is known to worsen the infection; thus it's better to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefoclox XL tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys,
- You are suffering from any blood disorder or heart diseases.
- You develop an infection or superinfection while on treatment.
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- Complete the entire course of the therapy as prescribed, do not discontinue it midway.
- While on treatment, avoid taking any other medicines without consulting your doctor.
Mode of Action of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefoclox XL tablet works by the combined action of its components - Cefpodoxime, Dicloxacillin and Lactobacillus.
- Both Cefpodoxime and Dicloxacillin are antibiotics, which work by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
- Lactic Acid Bacillus is gut-friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Cefoclox XL tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefoclox XL tablet works or Cefoclox Xl itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid, and medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Cefoclox XL tablet....
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Cefoclox XL tablet is stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Cefoclox Xl Tablet
Symptoms of overdose includes headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms or think have consumed too much of Cefoclox XL tablet....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Cefoclox XL tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefoclox XL tab?
A: Cefoclox XL is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections, etc.
Q: Are there any side effects with Cefoclox XL tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, skin rash while on treatment with Cefoclox XL tablet. These side effects are mostly temporary and go away with time, but if you feel your symptoms worsen, please consult your doctor.
Q: Cefoclox XL tablet was prescribed to me for my urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue the treatment?
A: No, Cefoclox XL tablet is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: What is the composition of Cefoclox xl?
A: Cefoclox Xl composition consists of a combination of cefpodoxime, dicloxacillin and lactic acid bacillus.
Q: Is Cefoclox XL antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cefoclox Xl is an antibiotic medicine. It contains a combination of Cefpodoxime, Dicloxacillin and Lactic acid bacillus.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.