Cardivas 6.25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cardivas 6.25 MG Description
Cardivas 6.25 tablet is used to treat various heart conditions such as heart failure. It is a condition that affects the ability of the heart to pump blood efficinetly. This medicine also helps in lo
wering the high blood pressure and preventing the other heart related problems. Cardivas 6.25 tablet contains carvedilol as its active ingredient. The dose and duration of this medicine is decided on the basis of your condition, by your treating doctor. You should take Cardivas 6.25 tablet as prescribed by your doctor and at fixed time for optimal results. Take this medicine with food to avoid low blood pressure while on standing (orthostatic hypotension). Your doctor may suggest you for few life style modifications. A small change in lifestyle can aids improve your condition more effectively along with this medicine. You should quit smoking and alcohol, avoid caffinated products, trace daily fluid intake, rest adequately along with being physically active, etc.
|You Save||₹10.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Congestive heart failure, high blood pressure|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, fatigue, dizziness, headache, weight gain|
Uses of Cardivas 6.25 MG
Contraindications of Cardivas 6.25 MG
- If you are allergic carvedilol, or any ingredients present in Cardivas 6.25 tablet.
- If you have any respiratory problems like asthma or other lung diseases.
- If you had or have any heart problems including slow heart rate, irregular heart rate, heart blockage, etc.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have untreated tumour of adrenal glands.
- If you have any history of acid-base balance in the body.
- If you had or have an altered blood supply to legs or hands.
- If you are currently on intravenous medicines like verapamil or diltiazem. If you are unsure consult your doctor before taking Cardivas 6.25 Tablet.
Side effects of Cardivas 6.25 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Increased blood sugar
- Decreased heart rate
- Increased weight
Precautions and Warnings of Cardivas 6.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart- related conditions.
- You have a history of known allergies.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have any respiratory problems
- You are wearing contact lenses, as it may decrease eye fluid.
- You have any other medicial condition and are on medications for the same.
Mode of Action of Cardivas 6.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cardivas 6.25 MG
- Cardivas 6.25 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cardivas 6.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cardivas 6.25 tablet works, or Cardivas 6.25 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking any medicines to treat heart problems, to prevent rejection of organ transplant, diabetes, blood pressure, pain, allergic reations or inflammatory reactions, bacterial infections, stomach problems like ulcers or acid reflux, heart burns, fungal infections, cough and cold medications....
- Carvedilol 6.25 may enhance the effect of diabetes medicines such as insulin, metformin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Cardivas 6.25 MG
- Store Cardivas 6.25 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cardivas 6.25 MG
- An overdose of Cardivas 6.25 tablet can lead to adverse effects like low blood pressure, dizziness, low heart rate, shock, fits, vomiting, altered consicousness, etc. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cardivas 6.25 tablet on my own?
Q: Is Cardivas a blood thinner medicine?
Q: When should I take Cardivas?
Q: How long does Cardivas take to work?
Q: What is the use of Cardivas 6.25 tablet?
- Carvedilol 6.25 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 November 2021]
- COREG (carvedilol) tablet [Internet]. GSK Pro. 2021 [cited 2 November 2021]
- Carvedilol 6.25 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 November 2021]
- Drugs H. Carvedilol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 2 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 November 2021]