Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
15ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Calpol Paediatric Drops contains Paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen as its active ingredient. It is an analgesic and an antipyretic (reduce fever) medicine. Calpol Paediatric Drops are used to p
rovide symptomatic relief from fever and pain in children. Paracetamol inhibits the release of the chemical substance called prostaglandins, responsible for controlling the body temperature. This medicine is meant to be used only in children. Shake the bottle well before use. Give Calpol Paediatric Drops as prescribed and for the exact prescribed duration to your child....
Uses of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
Calpol Paediatric Drops is used to treat fever and pain.
Contraindications of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- If your child is allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are giving any other product that contains paracetamol to your child.
Side effects of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with paracetamol. However, in rare cases, you may experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There
is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for a long term treatment....
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
Can I take the Calpol Paediatric Drops during pregnancy?
Calpol Paediatric Drops are meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take the Calpol Paediatric Drops while breastfeeding?
Calpol Paediatric Drops are meant to be used in children and thus its usage in lactating women is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Calpol Paediatric Drops?
Calpol Paediatric Drops are meant to be used in children and thus its impact on driving abilities is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol Paediatric Drops?
Calpol Paediatric Drops are meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child have or has severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are giving your child any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- Calpol Paediatric Drops should not be used in adults.
Mode of Action of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
Calpol Paediatric Drops contains paracetamol which blocks the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandins, which is responsible for causing pain, fever and swelling thus offering analgesi
c, anti-pyretic properties....
Directions for Use of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Take the medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
Interactions of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like colestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Calpol Paediatric Drops.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Store Calpol Paediatric Drops at or below 25°C.
- Do not freeze this medicine.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Taking Calpol Paediatric Drops in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
- However, if you have taken too much of Calpol Paediatric Drops then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems or an alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of an overdose.
- Caution is needed in older people too.
Q: Is Calpol Paediatric Drops safe for babies?
A: Yes, Calpol Paediatric Drops are specially designed for children. It is safe if you give your child the exact dose as prescribed by the doctor. Since the dose of medicine varies from child to child.
Q: Can I give Calpol Paediatric Drops with milk?
A: Yes, this medicine can be given with milk. It should preferably be given after meals to avoid an upset stomach.
Other Products from this Brand
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Calpol 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol Strawberry Flav 250 Mg Susp 60 Ml
- Calpol 120 Mg Strawberry Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Suspension
- Calpol 500 Mg Bottle Of 1000 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Tablet 500
- Calpol 650 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Calpol 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 04 Mar 2021 | 09:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved