Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
15ml Suspension in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen.
Uses of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
For the treatment of fever and pain.
Contraindications of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with paracetamol. However, in rare cases, you may experience skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long term treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
Can I take Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml during pregnancy?
Paracetamol can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking paracetamol is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Cholesterol lowering medicines like colestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Store below 25°C
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml
- Taking Calpol Paed 100mg Peppermint Flav Drops 15ml in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of atleast 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:44 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved