Calchek 5mg Tablet
Calchek 5 MG Description
Calchek Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine, an antihypertensive. It is also used for the treatment of angina pectoris (
chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels and improving the blood flow. Take this medicine in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better. You should also inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
- Amlopump 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.00₹ 23.80₹
- Aginal 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.54₹ 33.98₹
- Aldo 5mg TabletBy Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.40₹ 27.40₹
- Angicam 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.00₹ 21.25₹
- Amlosafe 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 46.77₹ 39.75₹
- Amlokind 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 22.15₹ 18.83₹
- Lupidip 5mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.66₹ 24.36₹
- Emopin 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Milichem Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.00₹ 23.00₹
- Amlong 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Micro Labs30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.10₹ 82.53₹
- Amtas 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 74.93₹ 63.69₹
Uses of Calchek 5 MG
Contraindications of Calchek 5 MG
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have very low blood pressure or heart-related conditions such as stenosis, cardiogenic shock, heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Calchek 5 MG
- Sleepiness especially at beginning of treatment
- Ankle swelling
- An upset stomach
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Calchek 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying health condition related to the liver and kidneys.
- You have heart-related conditions or recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly, caution is advised while changing the dose for the elderly.
Mode of Action of Calchek 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calchek 5 MG
- Calchek Tablet should be taken with sufficient water with or without food.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal blood pressure control.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time each day for optimal results.
Interactions of Calchek 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Calchek Tablet works or Calchek itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as antibiotics, antifungals, other anti-hypertensive medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, medicines for heart conditions and muscle relaxants etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are immunosuppressants, anti-HIV medicines etc.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Calchek 5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused or expired medicine properly.