Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml Description
Cadiphylate Elixir is a syrup used for the treatment of cough. It is a combination of active ingredients that are responsible for relaxing smooth muscles of the airway and the lung. It also reduces o
ther conditions like shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness, etc. It loosens the thick mucus to get easier to cough it out. The Cadiphylate elixir syrup is a central nervous system stimulant that is also prescribed in case of nasal congestion and breathing problems. It reduces the swelling of the blood vessels in the airways, making it easy to breathe. It can also reduce the frequency of coughing and lower blood pressure. This is a prescription medication, and it should only be used after consulting your doctor. You can take it any time of the day, with or without the food. It may not be suitable if you need to do something that requires focus. Take it in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. You can also drink lukewarm water with this medicine to ease some symptoms.
|₹10.17 (14% on MRP)
|Alcohol(0.55 Ml) + Theophylline(80.0 Mg) + Ephedrine(12.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)
|Cough, congestion, difficulty in breathing
|Headache, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, stomach pain or upset, sleeping difficulty, swelling of feet and ankles, nervous twitching, yellowing of eyes and skin, increased heart rate.
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
- Treatment of cough
- Nasal congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
Contraindications of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
Side effects of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
- Stomach pain or upset
- Sleeping difficulty
- Swelling of feet and ankles
- Nervous twitching
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Increased heart rate
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects mostly do not need any medical intervention. If you experience any of these side effects long term or have any severe side effects, seek medical treatment immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
Other General Warnings
- You are having surgery or a dental procedure while taking Cadiphylate Elixir
- You smoke regularly if you are using this medicine.
- The effects of this medicine can be exaggerated in older people due to their low metabolism, which causes this medicine to stay longer in the body. Dose management is required
Mode of Action of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
- Take the Cadiphylate Elixir precisely as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
Interactions with other medicines
- If you use Cadiphylate Elixir with other medications that have the same components, it can increase the severity of the side effects.
- If you are using antidepressants like MAO inhibitors along with this syrup, it can cause adverse reactions. Stop using them at least two weeks before starting this to avoid the side effects.
- Cadiphylate Elixir can also affect the functioning of medicines like certain antibiotics, anti-seizure medication, disulfiram, sleep medication, other cold and cough medication, etc.
- Using Cadiphylate Elixir along with certain medications like isoniazid, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, etc., can cause an increased risk of severe side effects.
- Cigarette smoking can reduce the effects of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take the Cadiphylate Elixir with alcohol. Its safety with alcohol is not known. It can interfere with the effects of the medicine and worsen the condition. Consult your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
Dosage of Cadiphylate Elixir 200ml
- Overdose on Cadiphylate Elixir can cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, irregular heartbeat, restlessness, high blood pressure, convulsions and seizures. If you overdose on this medication, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Cadiphylate Elixir to children?
Q: Does the Cadiphylate Elixir make me drowsy or sleepy?
- The Cadiphylate Elixir doesn't usually make you drowsy, like other cough medications that contain codeine in it. But if you are having any sleep problems, consult your doctor before using this.