C Toin 50mg Tab 60's
By USV PVT LTD
60 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S is an anti-epileptic medicine used by neurologists for the treatment of epilepsy to control a variety of epileptic conditions (tonic-clonic seizures and partial seizures). It con
tains phenytoin as its active ingredient. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. It is also used to control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery. This medicine works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine you should discuss with your doctor about your complete medical and medication history....
Uses of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
- For the treatment of epilepsy (an abnormal brain activity causing different forms of seizures).
- To control and prevent seizures during and after brain surgery.
Contraindications of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to similar anti-seizure medicines (if you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor).
Side effects of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
- Skin rashes
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
Can I take C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it can cause birth defects in the baby. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately. Do not stop taking your medicine until your doctor tells you to.
Can I take C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S while breastfeeding?
Women taking this medicine should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S ?
This medicine can make you feel dizzy and drowsy. A person taking this medicine should avoid performing skilled activity such as driving.
Can I consume alcohol with C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S ?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- You have Porphyria (an inherited disease that affects haemoglobin biosynthesis).
- You are diabetic as this medicine can affect sugar metabolism and hormone release.
- You are getting thoughts of killing or harming yourself while taking this medicine, immediately report this to your doctor.
- You experience skin allergy and rashes after taking this medicine.
- You develop ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
Mode of Action of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
How Does It Work?
Epilepsy is a brain-related condition wherein the normal electrical rhythm of the brain is disturbed. This usually affects a person's consciousness, movements or sensations and thus leads to seizures,
loss of awareness, feeling shaky. Phenytoin in this medicine reduces the spread of such abnormal electrical signals and stabilizes brain activity, thus controlling the abnormal behaviour and other symptoms of a seizure....
Directions for Use of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Never miss a dose of this medicine as it is likely to cause a seizure.
Interactions of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S works or C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, blood-thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives or medicines for brain-related disorders....Read more
Storage and disposal of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of C Toin 50mg Tab 60'S
An overdose of this medicine can be very dangerous and it should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy asse
ssment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine as it can give you seizures. Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never take two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is this medicine used for?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of different forms of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related condition characterised by loss of consciousness, lack of awareness, abnormal sensation and uncontrolled movements. It occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Q: How long does a typical seizure last?
A: A seizure usually lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. It depends on the type of seizure.
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: This medicine can be taken with or without food with plenty of liquid.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
A: Alcohol can affect the way this medicine works, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Phenytoin 100mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Phenytoin: medicine to treat epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 15 Jul 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved