Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet contains etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside as its active ingredients. The medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammatory conditions affecting the muscle or surrounding
joints. It blocks the inflammatory effects of the chemicals and blocks the signal transmission in the brain and spinal cord and relaxes the contracted muscles. Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant whereas Etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs ). Inform the doctor regarding other medicines, herbs or supplements you take before starting with Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet....
Uses of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm in adult patients.
Contraindications of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or thiocolchicoside or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have problems with the liver and kidney.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled.
- If you have inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you're pregnant, planning for a baby or are breastfeeding.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet during pregnancy?
- Avoid during pregnancy as it may harm the unborn child.
- When pregnancy is detected, the medicine must be discontinued.
- Proper birth control measures must be taken while consuming it.
- If you are pregnant or you may be or are planning for a baby, consult the doctor before starting the medicine.
Can I take Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet while breastfeeding?
Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet passes in human milk. Women taking the medicine must not breastfeed as newborn babies are very sensitive to the harmful effects of the medicine. Consult the doctor before using the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, sleepiness, dizziness while on treatment with Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet?
Avoid alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of the medicine in the long term. Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have stomach bleeding or ulcer.
- You suffer from liver or kidney problems. You have high blood pressure, the doctor may need to check the blood pressure more often.
- You have infections (as the medicine may mask the fever associated with it).
- You have diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking habits (as it may increase the chances of a heart problem).
- You suffer from fits (as it increases the chances of convulsions).
- You suffer from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You develop swelling due to water retention (excess fluid) in the body.
- You suffer from heart problems (like a heart-pumping problem or other diseases related to the heart). The doctor may ask you to come for follow up frequently to check blood pressure and other heart functions....Read more
- You are over 65 years of age.
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- The medicine must not be given to children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually....Read more
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasm and pain associated with it. The medicine helps in restoring the movement of muscle and joints....Read more
Directions for Use of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swallow as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- You must take the medicine, at the same time and without fail as directed by the doctor.
- You must not consume it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet must be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Medicines used to modify immune responses like Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses like Lithium containing products.
- Blood pressure and medicines used for heart disorders like Enalapril, Losartan and water pills.
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants like Warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat heart failure and irregular heart rhythm like Digoxin.
- Other medicines like Salbutamol, Minoxidil, Voriconazole must be used.
Storage and disposal of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose of Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet may increase the side effects (nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, increased blood pressure, palpitation, etc.) of the medicine. If you have taken more than
the required dose, contact the doctor or visit a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet habit-forming?
A: No, the tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: I am using birth control, can I take this medicine?
A: The pills contain a human-made form of a hormone called estrogen. If you use the medicine with birth control pills, the level of estrogen in the body increases, thus increasing the side effects as well. Inform the doctor regarding the medicines you take before using the medicine.
Q: Is Brutaflam-Mr 4 tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, It is a pain killer.
- Arcoxia 60 mg Film-coated Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 June 2021]
- Sanofi. Myoril. [Accessed on 23 June 2021] (online)
- EMA. PIL. Thiocolcoside. [Accessed on 23 June 2021] (online)
Last Updated on: 26 Jun 2021 | 07:03 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved