Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
By ACRON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Broxin Kid 125mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. It contains cephale
xin (cefalexin) as its active component. Broxin Kid 125mg Tab works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, the absence of cell wall leads to the death of bacteria and cure of infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to Cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Broxin Kid 125mg Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
Broxin Kid 125mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest, lungs, respiratory tract, skin, urinary tract.
Contraindications of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
If you are allergic to Cephalexin or any other ingredients of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab . If you are allergic to any other cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Ceftriaxone or Cefuroxime.
Side effects of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
Nausea and diarrhoea (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
Can I take Broxin Kid 125mg Tab during pregnancy?
Broxin Kid 125mg Tab should not be used in pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your physician. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits of cefalexin over risks.
Can I take Broxin Kid 125mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Cephalexin passes into the breastmilk in a very small amounts. So, caution should be exercised while giving Broxin Kid 125mg Tab to a nursing mother. If you are taking this medicine during breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in a newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Broxin Kid 125mg Tab ?
It does not influence driving ability, but if you experience dizziness after taking Broxin Kid 125mg Tab , you should avoid the drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Broxin Kid 125mg Tab ?
Alcohol consumption with Broxin Kid 125mg Tab can increase the side effect like dizziness & nausea. You should avoid alcohol while on this treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Broxin Kid 125mg Tab or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have liver or kidney problems; your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes, etc. which may appear at the start of the treatment; the doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurs during the treatment; the doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So, talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Broxin Kid 125mg Tab fights a wide range of bacterial infections by killing the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which ultimately leads to the death of
Directions for Use of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
- Broxin Kid 125mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Broxin Kid 125mg Tab may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations....Read more
- Medicine used to treat gout such as probenecid should be used cautiously. Concomitant use of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide can increase the risk of kidney problems....Read more
Storage and disposal of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
- Store Broxin Kid 125mg Tab below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or blood in the urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab , contact
your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Broxin Kid 125mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Broxin Kid 125mg Tab ?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- Broxin Kid 125mg Tab may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....Read more
Q: Can Broxin Kid 125mg Tab affect my blood test values?
A: Yes, Broxin Kid 125mg Tab may affect your blood result values. Talk to your doctor if you are taking this medicine before doing any blood test.
Q: Can I stop taking Broxin Kid 125mg Tab on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking Broxin Kid 125mg Tab on your own, as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine.
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 06:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved