Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Broclear tablet contains a combination of two medicines - Acetylcysteine and Acebrophylline. It is used in adult patients to treat a type of lung disease - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
Broclear tablet is used in adults for the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Acetylcysteine, Acebrophylline or any other ingredients of Broclear tablet.
- If you have heart problems such as fast or irregular heartbeats, heart failure, low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure, etc.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- If you are below the age of below 18 years.
Side effects of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Skin rashes, itching
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Broclear tablet during pregnancy?
Broclear tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available in pregnant women. Please contact your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take the Broclear tablet while breastfeeding?
Broclear tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if its components pass into breastmilk. Please contact your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Broclear tablet?
Broclear tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Broclear tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Broclear tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestines.
- You have asthma or fits.
- You suffer from any viral infection.
- You develop an allergic reaction after using the Broclear tablet.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Broclear tablet works by the combined action of Acetylcysteine and Acebrophylline.
- Acebrophylline act by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways and induces the release of pulmonary surfactants which helps in clearing the congestion.
- Acetylcysteine works by breaking down and loosening the thick phlegm, making it runny and easy to cough up, thus clearing the airway.
Directions for Use of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
Broclear tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Broclear tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking oral contraceptives, steroids, water pills, antibiotics, medicines to treat your heart problems.
- Other medicines like amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, allopurinol, cimetidine, isoprenaline, doxycycline, erythromycin, thiabendazole should be used with caution along with Broclear tablet.
Storage and disposal of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Broclear tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Broclear Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting (often severe), stomach pain, diarrhoea, restlessness, fits, fast heartbeats. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much Broclear tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Broclear tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Broclear tablet?
A: Broclear tablet is used in adults for the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Q: Can Broclear tablet be used in children?
A: No, the Broclear tablet is not meant for use in children or adolescents.
Q: Is Broclear tablet addictive?
A: No, Broclear tablet is not an addiction-causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Are there any side effects of the Broclear tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomforts, diarrhoea, sleepiness while on treatment with the Broclear tablet.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved