Bioclar Dry Syp
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30ml Dry Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bioclar Dry Suspension is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, bronchitis (inflammation of the airways) and infections of the ears, sinuses, skin and throat. It con
tains clarithromycin as its active ingredient. Bioclar Dry Suspension should not be taken by patients suffering from severe kidney and liver diseases or who are allergic to it. It is not recommended for pregnant women to take Bioclar Dry Suspension, especially during the first 3 months of the pregnancy. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It is advised to talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using this medicine....
Uses of Bioclar Dry Syp
Bioclar Dry Suspension is used to treat various bacterial infections like lungs, airways, ear, skin and soft tissue infection.
Contraindications of Bioclar Dry Syp
- If you are allergic to Clarithromycin, the active ingredient in Bioclar Dry Suspension or other medicines of class macrolides antibiotics (Azithromycin, Fidoximycin and Erythromycin).
- If you have severe liver disease alone or in combination with severe kidney disease.
- If you have a condition of low potassium levels (hypokalaemia).
- If you are on certain medicines such as medicine for allergy, heartburn, mood disorder, for certain heart conditions, migraine, gout and medicines for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- If you are suffering from a disorder of irregular heartbeats (arrhythmia) and/or other heart rhythm disorders like QT prolongation.
Side effects of Bioclar Dry Syp
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Taste disturbances
- Changes in liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Bioclar Dry Syp
Can I take Bioclar Dry Suspension during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use Bioclar Dry Suspension during pregnancy, especially during the first 3 months as it may be life-threatening for the developing baby. It is recommended that you should consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Bioclar Dry Suspension while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to take Bioclar Dry Suspension when you are breastfeeding your newborn, as Clarithromycin is known to pass into the breastmilk and cause loose motions and fungal infections to various tissues (mucous membranes) to the newborn.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bioclar Dry Suspension?
Bioclar Dry Suspension does not affect your ability to drive. Nonetheless, if you are feeling dizzy or disoriented after taking this medicine, it is recommended that you should avoid driving until you feel better.
Can I consume alcohol with Bioclar Dry Suspension?
Alcohol is not known to reduce the effectiveness of Bioclar Dry Suspension. However, if you feel drowsy, dizzy or disoriented after taking this medicine, it is recommended that you avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You are getting operated or are planning to get operated.
- You are suffering from any kidney, liver or heart-related disease.
- You experience loose motions on taking Bioclar Dry Suspension.
- You are suffering from low levels of magnesium (hypomagnesaemia), low levels of potassium (hypokalaemia).
- You are suffering from community-acquired pneumonia (studies suggest that the bacteria causing this condition is resistant to macrolide antibiotics).
- You are suffering from a severe allergic reaction on taking the medicine.
- You are suffering from a condition known as Myasthenia gravis (a rare neuromuscular disorder that weakens the skeletal muscles).
- You are diabetic and taking oral hypoglycaemic agents and/or insulin as Clarithromycin may decrease the blood sugar.
- You have impaired carbohydrate mechanism (fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency).
- In case of concomitant administration of Clarithromycin with other medicines that damage the ear (ototoxic medicines), especially with aminoglycosides, monitoring of sensory and hearing function of the ear should be carried out during and after treatment....Read more
Mode of Action of Bioclar Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
Clarithromycin is the active ingredient in Bioclar Dry Suspension, it belongs to the class of antibiotics used against bacterial infections. Clarithromycin works by inhibiting the protein synthesis in
the bacterial cell thereby preventing the growth of the bacteria....
Directions for Use of Bioclar Dry Syp
- Take Bioclar Dry Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned in the bottle.
Interactions of Bioclar Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Bioclar Dry Suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of Bioclar Dry Suspension with medicines like antiallergic medicine (astemizole and terfenadine), medicines used to treat heartburn (cisapride), medicines used to treat mood disorder (pimozide) is contraindicated as it may lead to serious heart conditions like irregular heartbeats and heart rhythm disorders....Read more
- Bioclar Dry Suspension should not be given to patients taking medicine for migraine (Ergotamine/dihydroergotamine) as there is an increased risk of ergot toxicity which has symptoms like reduced oxygen and blood supply to hands and feet and other parts of the nervous system....Read more
- Clarithromycin when used along with quinidine or disopyramide (medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm) is known to cause heart rhythm related issues.
- You are on cholesterol-lowering medicines (statins) as concomitant use of Clarithromycin with lovastatin or simvastatin is contraindicated. Caution should be exercised when prescribing Clarithromycinwith other statins....Read more
- Treatment with Clarithromycin in patients already receiving any of the agents that suppress the immunity such as, cyclosporin, tacrolimus or sirolimus should be done with caution, as concurrent treatment seem to increase the plasma concentration of these medicines....Read more
- Use of clarithromycin along with blood thinners like warfarin should be done with caution as concomitant use may lead to increasing the side effects of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Bioclar Dry Syp
- Store Bioclar Dry Suspension at room temperature, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Bioclar Dry Syp
If you have taken too much of Bioclar Dry Suspension, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately. You may experience symptoms like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoe
a on taking more than usual dosage....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Bioclar Dry Suspension, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Make
sure there is a sufficient gap between the two doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Bioclar Dry Suspension be taken for urinary tract infections?
A: No, Bioclar Dry Suspension belongs to the class of antibiotics. This medicine should be used only for the condition that it has been prescribed for. Antibiotics should not be used without consulting a doctor as they may lead to a phenomenon known as 'Antibiotic resistance'. The development of this phenomenon may lead to the ineffectiveness of the treatment. Hence, it is recommended to avoid using this medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: Does Bioclar Dry Suspension make you feel tired?
A: Bioclar Dry Suspension generally causes stomach ache, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, headache and diarrhoea. Fatigue, dizziness and drowsiness is not a reported side effect. Nevertheless, every individual has a varied physiological response to any medicine. Thus, consult your doctor before use.
Q: Can Bioclar Dry Suspension be used during pregnancy?
A: No, it is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It is known to have life-threatening effects for the developing baby, especially in the first 3 months. Please consult your doctor before using it.
Q: Can Bioclar Dry Suspension clear my cough and cold?
A: This medicine should not be used for cough and cold unless it is prescribed by the doctor. Bioclar Dry Suspension is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, inflammation to the airways, infection to the skin, ears, sinuses and throat. If there is a need for an antibiotic for cough and cold, it will be prescribed by your doctor. It is recommended to avoid self-medication.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved