Betacap Tr 20mg Capsules
Betacap Tr 20 MG Description
Betacap TR 20 capsule contains propranolol which belongs to the group of medications known as beta-blockers. It is used in treating high blood pressure, heart-related chest pain, irregular heartbeats
It is also used to prevent heart attacks, tremors and migraine attacks. Betacap TR 20 capsule works by relaxing the blood vessels, which slows down the pulse, thus improving the blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the exact duration as it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- Betacap TR 20 capsule is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm (Atrial fibrillation) and hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis (a disorder of heart muscle).
- It is also used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain due to heart condition), myocardial infarction (heart attack) and tremors and migraines.
Contraindications of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Propranolol or any other ingredients of Betacap tr 20.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have asthma or other breathing difficulties.
- If you have any past medical history of heart failures.
- If you have severe heart disorders.
Side effects of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- Skin rash
- Cold fingers and toes
- Disturbed sleep
- Raynaud's syndrome (numbness and spasm in the fingers followed by warmth and pain)
- Blurred vision, dizziness (rare)
Precautions and Warnings of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- Betacap TR 20 capsule is not recommended during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and its benefits outweigh the risks. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine....
Other General Warnings
Mode of Action of Betacap Tr 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- Always take Betacap TR 20 capsule exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole, with a glass of water before meals. Do not open or chew this medicine.
- Do not alter/stop the dose by yourself before your prescribed duration.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Interactions of Betacap Tr 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Betacap Tr 20 MG
Dosage of Betacap Tr 20 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose are fatigue, tremors, confusion, body spasm, nausea, vomiting, fainting, low blood glucose levels, slower heart rate, low blood pressure, heart failure and breathing difficulties....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Betacap TR 20 capsules, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.