Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets Description
Betabest Cdp Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains a combination of metoprolol an
cilnidipine as its active ingredients. Betabest Cdp Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking medicine.
|You Save||₹11.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Hypertension (high blood pressure)|
|Side effects||Nausea, dizziness, flushing, headache, low blood pressure|
Uses of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
- Betabest Cdp Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as heart failure. Decreased blood pressure helps prevent other conditions like stroke, heart attack and migraine....
Contraindications of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to metoprolol, cilnidipine or other ingredients of Betabest Cdp Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block or uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, or a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem or disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart-related problems such as low blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- You experience chest pain after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Betabest Cdp.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma and obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation-related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Betabest Cdp Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cilnidipine works by inhibiting certain receptors on your blood vessels responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. This relaxes and widens the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure.
- Metoprolol works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- You should try to consume this medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Storage and disposal of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
Dosage of Betabest Cdp 50mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Betabest Cdp Tablet if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Can Betabest Cdp Tablet be taken empty stomach?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CENTAPRES® Tablets [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Limiting Alcohol to Manage High Blood Pressure [Internet]. www.heart.org. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]