Azithrosh 100mg Tab
By OSHO PHARMA PVT LTD
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azithrosh 100mg Tab is a medicine which belongs to group of macrolide antibiotics.
Uses of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
- Used in the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, and other parts of the body
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Diseases arising from infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia
- Urinary infection
Contraindications of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
Do not take this medicine if you have any allergic reaction to it or any other antibiotic from same class like erythromycin.
Side effects of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
- Breathing difficulty
- Swollen throat and lips
- Diarrhoea, nausea
- Stomach pain
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in urine
- Swelling of pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
- Lack of appetite
- Irregular heart beat
Precautions and Warnings of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
Can I take Azithrosh 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of Azithrosh 100mg Tab on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will decide whether to use this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Azithrosh 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin partially passes into human breast milk. If you are taking Azithrosh 100mg Tab then stop breastfeeding your baby. It is advised to discard the milk during treatment and until two days after discontinuation of treatment. You can restart breastfeeding thereafter.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azithrosh 100mg Tab?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines, however if you observe or experience any side effect like dizziness, fits you should not drive or use machines. Contact you doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azithrosh 100mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of Azithrosh 100mg Tab when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
Mode of Action of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Azithrosh 100mg Tab works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
- It should be taken with half glass of water
- If you are taking any antacids, then Azithrosh 100mg Tab should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicine used to treat heart problems like digoxin
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like nelfinavir or zidovudine
- Medicine used to treat gout like furosemide
- Medicine used to treat migraine like ergotamine
- Medicine used to treat tuberculosis like rifabutin
- Medicine used to treat cholesterol level like atorvastatin
- Medicine used to treat stomach problems or for fever like terfenadine
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the absorption of this medicine. Azithrosh 100mg Tab can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
Azithrosh 100mg Tab should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat, and keep out reach of children. Do not take this medicine after expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azithrosh 100mg Tab
If you suspect overdose of Azithrosh 100mg Tab immediately inform your physician or reach to nearest hospital for treatment. Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azithrosh 100mg Tab if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromucin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved