Azipro 500mg Tablet
Azipro 500 MG Description
Azipro 500mg tablet contains azithromycin as its active ingredient which belongs to an antibiotic class of medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections caused by various organisms in different
parts of the body such as the lungs, throat, airways, urinary tract, and dental. It acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. The dose, frequency, and duration of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Take Azipro as advised by your doctor for the specified duration. Antibiotics do not work for colds, flu or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed increases your risk of getting an infection later that resists antibiotic treatment
|You Save||₹10.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, stomacch pain, gas|
- Azicip 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.62₹ 60.031.48% CHEAPER₹ 20.01/Tablet
- Zarocin 500mg TabletBy Megha Herbals3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.33₹ 61.34₹ 20.45/Tablet
- Nuazy 500mg Tablets 5'sBy Nulife Pharmaceuticals5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 119.50₹ 105.16₹ 21.03/Tablet
- Agzi 500mg Strip Of 3 TabletsBy Agrim Pharmaceuticals3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.20₹ 60.520.69% CHEAPER₹ 20.17/Tablet
- Azimrin 500 Tablet 3 No'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.30₹ 67.40₹ 22.47/Tablet
- Azsuch 500mg Tablets 3'sBy Resilent (marquis)3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.95₹ 62.65₹ 20.88/Tablet
- Aziwin 500mg TabletBy Micro Labs3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.50₹ 66.72₹ 22.24/Tablet
- Azitus 500mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.81₹ 107.81₹ 21.56/Tablet
- Envozi 500 Tablet 6 No'sBy Narankaa Pharma6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.25₹ 126.01₹ 21.00/Tablet
- Azinix 500mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.25₹ 96.265.22% CHEAPER₹ 19.25/Tablet
Uses of Azipro 500 MG
Contraindications of Azipro 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Azithromycin or any other component of the Azipro 500mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Side effects of Azipro 500 MG
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Altered blood cell count
- Decrease appetite
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Azipro 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had any allergic reactions due to medicine.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Your child vomiting or has irritability while feeding.
- You have heart disease such as irregular heart rate, heart failure, decreased heart rate.
- You are on any medication.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You have a severe infection.
- You have sinusitis, tonsilitis, ear infection, wounds, skin infection.
- You get any fungal infection after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Azipro 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Azipro 500 MG
- Azipro 500mg tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or break this medicine.
- If you are taking any antacids, then the Azipro 500mg tablet should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids. Take it at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Interactions of Azipro 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Azipro 500mg tablet works or Azipro 500mg tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Azipro 500 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azipro 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)