Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Augpen 625 BID tablet is used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Augpen
625 BID tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences and thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine. Reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens....
Uses of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Augpen 625 BID tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Augpen 625 BID tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Skin rashes
- Skin irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take Augpen 625 BID tablet during pregnancy?
- The use of Augpen 625 BID tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe.Read more
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Augpen 625 BID tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Augpen 625 BID tablet pass into the breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Augpen 625 BID tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as dizziness, fits after taking Augpen 625 BID tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Augpen 625 BID tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems, difficulty in passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Augpen 625 BID tablet.
Mode of Action of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Augpen 625 BID tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Augpen 625 BID tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact dura
tion to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet....
Interactions of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Augpen 625 BID tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
Storage and disposal of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Augpen Bid 625mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Taking Augpen 625 BID tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Augpen 625 BID tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Augpen 625 BID tablet?
A: Never take Augpen 625 BID tablet if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Augpen 625 BID tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Augpen 625 BID tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due by various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Augpen 625 BID tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Augpen 625 BID tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Augpen 625 BID tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Augpen 625 BID tablet is safe and effective when taken in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine reach out to your doctor.
- Augmentin Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹29.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 02 Aug 2021 | 01:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved