Augmed 625mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Augmed 625mg tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It is used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in the infection to come back or other consequences. you should always complete the course of the treatment....
|You Save||₹26.90 (23% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Augmed 625mg Tablet
Augmed 625mg Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Augmed 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Augmed 625mg Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Augmed 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Augmed 625mg Tablet
Can I take Augmed 625mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- The use of Augmed 625mg Tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Augmed 625mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Augmed 625mg Tablet pass into the breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Augmed 625mg Tablet?
It is recommended to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you experience symptoms such as dizziness, difficulty concentrating, sleepiness after taking Augmed 625mg Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Augmed 625mg Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it increase the chance of developing side effectsl. Talk to your doctor if you often consume alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have or had liver/kidney damage or disease.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Augmed 625mg Tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Augmed 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Augmed 625mg Tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Augmed 625mg Tablet
Augmed 625mg Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet....
Interactions of Augmed 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for Augmed 625. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Augmed 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Augmed 625mg Tablet
Taking Augmed 625mg Tablet in high doses may result in development of side effects. Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in flare up of infection. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhea a common side effect during the treatment with Augmed 625mg Tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Augmed 625mg Tablet?
A: Never take Augmed 625mg Tablet if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Augmed 625mg Tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Augmed 625mg Tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due by various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Augmed 625mg Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Augmed 625mg Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Augmed 625mg Tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Augmed 625mg Tablet is safe and effective when taken in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine reach out to your doctor.
Q: How many times should I take Augmed 625 in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of Augmed 625 depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
Q: When should I take Augmed 625?
A: Augmed 625 should be taken regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. Taking it at the same time will reduce the chances of missing the dose and it will also help you to get optimum results.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.