Atocor 5mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 5mg Tab is a tablet that belongs to the class of lipid-lowering medicines with atorvastatin as the main ingredient in its composition.
Uses of Atocor 5mg Tab
- High cholesterol
- Reduce triglyceride levels
- Reduce the frequency of heart ailments
Contraindications of Atocor 5mg Tab
- Liver problems and abnormalities in liver function tests
- Pregnancy or plan to conceive
- Nursing mothers
- Allergic to this medicine
- Taking medicines for liver inflammation disorders
Side effects of Atocor 5mg Tab
- Muscle pain and soreness
- Pain in the head
- Loose stools
- Throat discomfort
- Pain in the joints, muscle and back
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 5mg Tab
Can I take Atocor 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine can cause problems to the unborn foetus; it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy.
Can I take Atocor 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not suitable during breastfeeding. Your doctor may give you an alternative medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atocor 5mg Tab?
This medicine does not impair your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Atocor 5mg Tab?
Alcohol itself can impair your liver. When used along with this tablet alcohol may cause serious problems to your liver, which can be fatal.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Initially before starting this tablet, try to reduce your lipid levels. Do excercise, adopt a proper diet and monitor your weight and treat diseases that contribute to increase in lipid levels.
- Inform your doctor about the antibiotics that you take to avoid further muscle problems while taking this medicine
- Do inform your doctor about any previous history or unexpected muscle problems and use of other cholesterol reducing medications
Mode of Action of Atocor 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
It acts by stopping an enzyme that increases the production of bad cholesterol while this leads to an increase in levels of good cholesterol.
Directions for Use of Atocor 5mg Tab
- Your doctor may advise to take the lowest dose once in a day.
- Depending on your cholesterol levels the dosage of Atocor 5mg Tab may increase initially with or without having meals.
- Take this medicine daily by mouth with water
Interactions of Atocor 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not combine with medications that affect the liver, heart, lipid reducing substances and certain antibiotics.
Interactions with food items
Only grapefruit interacts with this tablet.
Other general Interactions
Not to use this medication in any other condition apart from the condition for which you are taking.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 5mg Tab
Keep this tablet in a child-resistant container. Do not keep in a damp place or where the temperature is too high.
Dosage of Atocor 5mg Tab
- This tablet is less likely to cause overdose.
- If it occurs, symptoms can be managed with supportive measures.
Missed a Dose
If this tablet is missed, do not worry, take it when you remember. Take the next one but skip the previous missed dose, if it is already the next day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this tablet if I am diabetic?
A: There is a slight risk of increasing your blood sugar while you are on this medicine. You need to ask this to your physician before starting so that necessary precautions will be explained to you to get benefit from the tablet.
Q: Does this tablet cause addiction?
A: This medicine is not addictive and will not cause any withdrawal symptoms.
Q: Is it ok if I stop this medicine?
- Atocor 5mg Tab may be stopped if you experience any side effects, but you need to inform your doctor. This medicine will not show any withdrawal symptoms but can increase the chance of getting a heart attack and stroke. It is, therefore, important to switch over to alternative medicine if you plan to stop this tablet.read less
Q: How long will this tablet take to show its effect?
A: This medicine is taken regularly can show its effect within a month.
Q: Do I have to do any tests to check the working of this medicine?
- To monitor your lipids levels, your doctor may advise you to carry out a number of tests for cholesterol and lipids. Additionally, liver function tests may be ordered.
Other Variants for
Atocor 5mg Tab
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor Activ 80 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 80 Mg Tablet 30
- Atocor 80 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:09 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved