Atocor 10mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S contains atorvastatin, a hypolipidemic medicine from the statin family used to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol in the body.
Uses of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
- High cholesterol and triglycerides levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
- Allergy to atorvastatin
- Liver diseases like hepatitis or jaundice
- Exhibition of abnormal liver tests
- Pregnancy or pregnancy planning
- Medicines like glecaprevir or pibrentsavir (used for hepatitis treatment)
Side effects of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
- Common side effects of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S are nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, headache, joint pain, abnormal liver function, throat pain, nose bleed
- Rare side effects of the medicine include lack of appetite, allergic reaction, nightmares and inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rash and itching and feeling tired or unwellread less
- Severe side effects that require immediate medical attention are rhabdomyolysis (muscle breakdown characterized by severe muscle pain, soreness, dark urine and fever; can further result in acute kidney failure), and peeling, swelling, blistering of skin, mouth, eyes, genitals with feverread less
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine must not be used during pregnancy or while planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not consume this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine can be taken before driving as it does not affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as it increases the chances of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have kidney problems, alcohol addiction, muscle problems or if you have consumed fusidic acid in the last seven days
Mode of Action of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
How Does It Work?
The statin composition of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S inhibits the enzyme called HMG-CoA that produces cholesterol; thus, it keeps the level of cholesterol and, in particular, bad cholesterol, under control. The medicine is also known to increase good cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
Take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription.
Interactions of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- The tablet, when taken along with other cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol and ezetimibe, increase the risk of muscle breakdown
- Atorvastatin interaction with fusidic acid leads to severe muscle breakdown
- When taken along with amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, the lowest possible dosage of this medicine is recommended so that the lipid level is kept under check
- Itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir and tipranavir increase the concentration of atorvastatin in the bloodread less
- This medicine interacts negatively with hepatitis C medicines such as glecaprevir/pibrentsavir and combination with them must be avoided
Interactions with food items
Avoid intake of grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
Store the tablets at room temperature away from excessive heat and moisture.
Dosage of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S
Follow the dosage of Atocor 10mg Tab 14'S prescribed by your doctor. Immediately seek medical assistance, in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose immediately, but do not double the dosage in order to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions must be taken while taking these tablets?
A: You must not consume high-fat food during your treatment with these tablets. Ideally, try and develop a routine of regular exercise to see the best results from the treatment.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider?
A: Inform your health care provider about your ongoing medication, any liver or kidney disease you might have or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: information for the patient. Atorvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database. Atorvastatin.
- MedlinePlus. Atorvastatin.
- WebMD. Atorvastatin calcium.
- PubChem. Atorvastatin.
- Malhotra H S et al. Atorvastatin: an updated review of its pharmacological properties and use in dyslipidaemia. 2001.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor Activ 10 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved