Ativan 2mg Strip Of 25 Tablets
Ativan 2 MG Description
Ativan Tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat symptoms of short-term anxiety (an emotional state where you may sweat, tremble, feel anxious, and have a fast heartbeat). Ativan (lorazepam) is
used for managing anxiety disorders and short-term relief of anxiety-associated and depressive symptoms. It is also used for sleep disturbances that occur due to anxiety. In some cases, it might be used to induce sedation before surgery or dental procedures. The medicine is beneficial in decreasing the excessive and abnormal activity in the nerve cells and calming the brain. Avoid chewing the medicine. Take one tablet at a time with lukewarm water. Take this medicine as per the prescription of a doctor only. Do not suddenly discontinue taking this medicine since it may cause harmful effects like restlessness and increased heart rate. Inform your healthcare provider of all the medicines you take since they may interact with Ativan Tablet.
|₹13.12 (14% on MRP)
|Short term anxiety, Anxiety disorder, Sleep disturbances, Sedation before surgery or dental procedures
|Fatigue, Balance disorder, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Ataxia, Respiratory depression, or Hypotension
Uses of Ativan 2 MG
- For treating Short term anxiety
- For treating Anxiety disorder
- Sleep disturbances that occur due to anxiety
- Sedation before surgery or dental procedures
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Contraindications of Ativan 2 MG
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Ativan Tablet
- Pulmonary impairment
- CNS depression
- Seizure history
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
Side effects of Ativan 2 MG
- Balance disorder
- Respiratory depression
Precautions and Warnings of Ativan 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a known history of closed-angle glaucoma, as it may increase the risk of worsening the patient's condition.
- You have impaired kidney function - Ativan Tablet must be used with caution in patients with a history of kidney diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- You have impaired liver function - Ativan Tablet should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from liver diseases due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects, including coma. It is suggested to monitor the liver function while receiving this medicine closely. ...
- You have a known history of respiratory disorders since it may worsen the patient's condition. Close monitoring of lung function is recommended for such patients.
Mode of Action of Ativan 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ativan 2 MG
- Consume Ativan Tablet orally. Swallow the complete medicine.
- Consume Ativan Tablet with or without food.
- It is better to take it at a fixed time every day as this helps maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body.
- Take Ativan Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor as it has a high habit-forming potential.
- Follow directions on the prescription label and ask your physician or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
- Do not stop taking Ativan Tablet without consulting your healthcare practitioner, as it can cause withdrawal effects such as depression and difficulty sleeping.
Interactions of Ativan 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Bacitracin - Bacitracin may decrease the excretion rate of Ativan Tablet, which results in a higher serum level.
- Metoclopramide - The risk of sedation can be increased when Metoclopramide is combined with Ativan Tablet.
- Codeine- The risk of adverse effects can be increased when Codeine is combined with Ativan Tablet.
- Lisinopril - Ativan Tablet may decrease the excretion rate of Lisinopril which could result in a higher serum level.
- Acetophenazine - The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Ativan Tablet is combined with Acetophenazine.
Interactions with food items
- No major known food interactions have been established with this medication. It is better to consume Ativan Tablet with food.