Ativan 2mg Strip Of 25 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
25 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ativan Tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat symptoms of short-term anxiety (an emotional state where you may sweat, tremble, feel anxious, and have a fast heartbeat). Ativan (lorazepam) is used for managing anxiety disorders and short-term relief of anxiety-associated and depressive symptoms. It is also used for sleep disturbances that occur due to anxiety. In some cases, it might be used to induce sedation before surgery or dental procedures. The medicine is beneficial in decreasing the excessive and abnormal activity in the nerve cells and calming the brain. Avoid chewing the medicine. Take one tablet at a time with lukewarm water. Take this medicine as per the prescription of a doctor only. Do not suddenly discontinue taking this medicine since it may cause harmful effects like restlessness and increased heart rate. Inform your healthcare provider of all the medicines you take since they may interact with Ativan Tablet....
|You Save||₹16.87 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Short term anxiety, Anxiety disorder, Sleep disturbances, Sedation before surgery or dental procedures|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Balance disorder, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Ataxia, Respiratory depression, or Hypotension|
Check more medicines with composition as Lorazepam(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Ativan 2 MG
- For treating Short term anxiety
- For treating Anxiety disorder
- Sleep disturbances that occur due to anxiety
- Sedation before surgery or dental procedures
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Contraindications of Ativan 2 MG
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Ativan Tablet
- Pulmonary impairment
- CNS depression
- Seizure history
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
Side effects of Ativan 2 MG
- Balance disorder
- Respiratory depression
Precautions and Warnings of Ativan 2 MG
Can I take Ativan Tablet during pregnancy?
Ativan Tablet is not recommended for pregnant women since it may harm the foetus, except when essential. Discuss the risks and benefits with your healthcare professional doctor before consuming the medicine.
Can I take Ativan Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is evidence that the principal component of Ativan Tablets might be excreted in the breast milk of lactating mothers. There might be potential adverse reactions like excess drowsiness in the infants from the medication. Please check with your healthcare advisor about the consumption of this medicine breastfeeding. Either discontinue nursing or discontinue the medicine considering the importance of it.
Can I drive if I have taken an Ativan Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid driving or undertake any activity that requires attention immediately after consuming Ativan Tablets as it might make you feel dizzy, unsteady, or you may have trouble keeping balance.
Can I consume alcohol with Ativan Tablets?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended while taking Ativan Tablets. It is owing to the increased risk of side effects like difficulty concentrating and dizziness. It is advisable not to perform any activities requiring high mental alertness like driving a vehicle or operating machinery if you consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a known history of closed-angle glaucoma, as it may increase the risk of worsening the patient's condition.
- You have impaired kidney function - Ativan Tablet must be used with caution in patients with a history of kidney diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- You have impaired liver function - Ativan Tablet should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from liver diseases due to the increased risk of serious adverse effects, including coma. It is suggested to monitor the liver function while receiving this medicine closely. ...
- You have a known history of respiratory disorders since it may worsen the patient's condition. Close monitoring of lung function is recommended for such patients.
Mode of Action of Ativan 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Ativan Tablet belongs to a class of medications known as benzodiazepines. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger GABA that suppresses the excessive and abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Ativan Tablet acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the conduction of chloride ions in the neuronal cell membrane. The action helps to calm the patient....
Directions for Use of Ativan 2 MG
- Consume Ativan Tablet orally. Swallow the complete medicine.
- Consume Ativan Tablet with or without food.
- It is better to take it at a fixed time every day as this helps maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body.
- Take Ativan Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor as it has a high habit-forming potential.
- Follow directions on the prescription label and ask your physician or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
- Do not stop taking Ativan Tablet without consulting your healthcare practitioner, as it can cause withdrawal effects such as depression and difficulty sleeping.
Interactions of Ativan 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Bacitracin - Bacitracin may decrease the excretion rate of Ativan Tablet, which results in a higher serum level.
- Metoclopramide - The risk of sedation can be increased when Metoclopramide is combined with Ativan Tablet.
- Codeine- The risk of adverse effects can be increased when Codeine is combined with Ativan Tablet.
- Lisinopril - Ativan Tablet may decrease the excretion rate of Lisinopril which could result in a higher serum level.
- Acetophenazine - The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Ativan Tablet is combined with Acetophenazine.
Interactions with food items
- No major known food interactions have been established with this medication. It is better to consume Ativan Tablet with food.
Storage and disposal of Ativan 2 MG
Keep the medication in its original container. Keep the medicine out of reach of children. Store the medicine at room temperature and away from heat and moisture. Unused medications should be disposed of in specific ways to ensure that children, pets and other people cannot consume them....
Dosage of Ativan 2 MG
There could be adverse overdose symptoms like fatigue, ataxia or respiratory depression of Ativan Tablet. Call the emergency helpline or contact your healthcare provider immediately in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to take an Ativan Tablet according to the prescribed schedule. After missing a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if the next dose is near, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule. Do not consume double doses to make up for missed doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does it take for Ativan Tablet to start showing effects?
A: This depends on what the medication is used for; if it is used to treat anxiety, it will start showing effect within a few hours, or it might take a week before full benefits are evident. If it is consumed to relieve muscle spasms, then the difference can be noted in 15 minutes. The muscles start relaxing after taking Ativan Tablet regularly for a few days.
Q: Is Ativan Tablet a habit-forming medication?
A: People who take Ativan Tablet in higher doses or consume for a long term might become addicted to the medication. Also, if there is a history of alcoholism and medicine abuse, there are chances to become addicted to Ativan Tablet. Therefore, this medication Tablet should be taken for the lowest effective dose and shortest possible time.
Q: Can an Ativan Tablet be used as a sleeping tablet?
A: Ativan Tablet may be used for sleeping difficulties caused due to anxiety. A prevalent side effect of Ativan Tablet is drowsiness. It calms the mind and helps a person to sleep better.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.