Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Aten 25 MG Description
Aten 25 mg tablet contains atenolol as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medications known as Beta-blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure, abnormal heartbeats, heart-relat
ed chest pain. This medicine should be used as per the medical prescription and in doses and duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Aten 25 MG
Contraindications of Aten 25 MG
- If you have an allergy to Atenolol or any of the ingredients of Aten 25 mg tablet.
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body).
- If you have an adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma) that is not being treated.
- If you have uncontrolled heart failure or heart blocks.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal heart rhythms.
- If you have a slow heart rate.
Side effects of Aten 25 MG
- Loose stools
- Cold fingers and toes
- Slow heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Aten 25 MG
- Alcohol consumption, along with Aten 25 mg tablet, can lower your blood pressure. It is advisable to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma, Aten 25 mg tablet can worsen your asthma
- You suffer from any heart condition
- You have any problems with your kidney
- If you have diabetes, then caution is required. Atenolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body's response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar, such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache...
- You shall be undergoing surgery
- You have a condition of chest pain called Prinzmetal's angina
- You have an overactive thyroid
- If you have psoriasis, then it can worsen this condition
- Aten 25 mg tablet is not recommended for children
Mode of Action of Aten 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Aten 25 MG
- Aten 25 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Aten 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or migraine (Clonidine).
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Verapamil, Diltiazem, and Nifedipine).
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat (Disopyramide, Quinidine or Amiodarone).
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin).
- Medicines that help to stimulate the heart (Epinephrine).
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (Ibuprofen or Indometacin).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes, insulin or other diabetic medicines.
- Medicines used as anaesthesia (Cyclopropane and Trichlorethylene, Lidocaine, Procainamide).