Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aten 25 mg tablet contains Atenolol as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medications known as Beta-blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure, abnormal heartbeats, heart-related chest pain. This medicine should be used as per the medical prescription and in doses and duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Aten 25 mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure, abnormal heartbeats and chest pain caused due to reduced blood supply in heart muscles (angina pectoris). It is also useful in protecting the heart in the early treatment after a heart attack.
Contraindications of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to Atenolol or any of the ingredients of Aten 25 mg tablet.
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body).
- If you have an adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma) that is not being treated.
- If you have uncontrolled heart failure or heart blocks.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal heart rhythms.
- If you have a slow heart rate.
Side effects of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Loose stools
- Cold fingers and toes
- Slow heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Can I take the Aten 25 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Aten 25 mg tablet must not be used during pregnancy as it crosses the placenta and can cause harm to the unborn baby. Consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Aten 25 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Aten 25 mg tablet passes into breast milk and may cause low blood sugar and slow heartbeat in your baby. Hence, it is not safe to take Aten 25 mg tablet during breastfeeding. Consult a doctor before starting any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Aten 25 mg tablet?
Aten 25 mg tablet doesn't affect your ability to drive. However, it can cause dizziness or tiredness. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with the Aten 25 mg tablet?
- Alcohol consumption, along with Aten 25 mg tablet, can lower your blood pressure. It is advisable to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, Aten 25 mg tablet can worsen your asthma
- You suffer from any heart condition
- You have any problems with your kidney
- If you have diabetes, then caution is required. Atenolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body's response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar, such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headacheRead less
- You shall be undergoing surgery
- You have a condition of chest pain called Prinzmetal's angina
- You have an overactive thyroid
- If you have psoriasis, then it can worsen this condition
- Aten 25 mg tablet is not recommended for children
Mode of Action of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Aten 25 mg tablet contains Atenolol, which is a Beta-blocker. It works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Aten 25 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or migraine (Clonidine).
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Verapamil, Diltiazem, and Nifedipine).
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeat (Disopyramide, Quinidine or Amiodarone).
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin).
- Medicines that help to stimulate the heart (Epinephrine).
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (Ibuprofen or Indometacin).
- Medicines used to treat diabetes, insulin or other diabetic medicines.
- Medicines used as anaesthesia (Cyclopropane and Trichlorethylene, Lidocaine, Procainamide).
Storage and disposal of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Store Aten 25 mg tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Aten 25mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include slow heart rate, low blood pressure, tightness in the chest, sometimes loss of consciousness. If you think you have taken too much of Aten 25 mg tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Aten 25 mg tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Aten 25 mg tablet on my own?
A: Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor. If you stop the medication suddenly, then you may suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What special precautions should I take while taking Aten tablets?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, then immediately report to the doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in our serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: I shall be undergoing surgery. Is there any precaution needed for the same?
A: Yes, inform your doctor that you are taking Aten 25 mg tablets. That is because this medicine can interact with anaesthesia given during surgery. Hence, your anaesthetic must know the same and plan accordingly.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved