Atelol 50mg Tablet
Atelol 50 MG Description
Atelol Tablet contains atenolol, a beta-blockers medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and relieve chest pain and regularise heartbeats. Taking more than the recommended dose of this medi
cine may cause extremely low blood pressure, signs which include sweating, blackouts, feeling dizzy or fainting and shakiness. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before starting with the Atelol Tablet.
- Atentrue 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.00₹ 17.00₹
- Hipres 50mg TabletBy Cipla Gx14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.04₹ 21.73₹
- Atecard 50mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.04₹ 26.38₹
- Tenolol 50mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.05₹ 26.39₹
- Atpark 50mg TabletBy Pfizer Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 30.35₹ 30.35₹
- Tenormin 50mg TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.04₹ 26.38₹
- Ziblok 50mg TabletBy Fdc Limited14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 11.19₹ 11.19₹
- Aten 50mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.04₹ 26.38₹
Uses of Atelol 50 MG
- Hypertension (High blood pressure).
- Arrhythmias (Uneven heartbeats).
- Angina Pectoris (Chest pain or tightness in the chest).
- Myocardial Infarction (Early treatment after a heart attack).
Contraindications of Atelol 50 MG
- If you are allergic to atenolol or any other component of Atelol Tablet.
- If you are suffering from Asthma.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease.
- If you are suffering from brain and nerves related disorders.
- If you are experiencing a condition of metabolic acidosis (High levels of acid in the blood).
Side effects of Atelol 50 MG
- Vision problems
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Atelol 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes as it may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar, you may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs and headache....
- You have asthma or any other similar breathing problems.
- You have a type of chest pain (Prinz metal’s angina).
- You have poor blood circulation.
- You experience rapid heartbeats.
- You have thyrotoxicosis (a condition caused by an overactive thyroid gland).
- You have kidney or liver disorders.
Mode of Action of Atelol 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Atelol 50 MG
- Take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
Interactions of Atelol 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of the Atelol Tablet along with medicines of class calcium channel blockers Verapamil, diltiazem and nifedipine (for high blood pressure or chest pain) should be avoided.
- Concomitant therapy with dihydropyridines, e.g. nifedipine, may increase the risk of low blood pressure and cardiac failure.
- Concomitant use with insulin and oral antidiabetic drugs along with beta-blockers should be avoided, as beta-blockers may mask the effect of too low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
- If you are taking clonidine and Atenolol tablets together, do not stop taking clonidine unless your doctor tells you to do so. Abruptly stopping clonidine can cause fluctuations in blood pressure.
- Use medicines to treat nose or sinus congestion or other cold remedies carefully along with the Atelol Tablets.
- Medicines like Ibuprofen or indometacin (for pain and inflammation) may decrease the activity of beta-blockers hence coadministration should be avoided.
- Concomitant use of sympathomimetic agents, e.g. adrenaline (epinephrine), may counteract the effect of beta-blockers.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Atelol 50 MG
- Store Atelol away from the reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a closed container, in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Atelol 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before using Atelol Tablet?
- Kindly inform your doctor about your complete medical history along with any history of diabetes mellitus, liver and kidney disorders, heart disorders and thyroid disorders.
- Women should share their pregnancy status along with the use of oral birth control pills and any history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure.
Q: How long should I take Atelol Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Atelol Tablet on my own?
- Atenolol 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Atenolol 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Atenolol tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Atenolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]