Atelol 50mg Tablet
By THEMIS MEDICARE LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
9 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Atelol 50mg Tab contains the medicine atenolol, which is a known beta-blocker.
Uses of Atelol 50mg Tab
Atelol 50mg Tab is used for treating hypertension (high blood pressure) and arrhythmias (irregular and uneven heart beats), to prevent angina pectoris (chest pain characterised by a painful feeling of
tightness in the chest) and to protect the heart after a myocardial infarction (heart attack) during its early treatment....
Contraindications of Atelol 50mg Tab
- Severe liver disease
- Neuropsychiatric disorders
- Metabolic acidosis (high levels of acid in your blood)
- Allergy to this medicine or with known hypersensitive reactions
- If you have pheochromocytoma (an adrenal tumour) and you are not being treated
Side effects of Atelol 50mg Tab
- The common side effects of Atelol 50mg Tab include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, diarrhoea, nausea, cold hands and feet
- The serious side effects include excessive slowing of heart rate, worsening of heart failure and worsening of diabetes
- Other side effects include neuropsychological disturbances such as loss of full control over body movements, unusual dreams, sleeplessness, depression, vision problems and sexual dysfunction in a fewcases...Read more
Precautions and Warnings of Atelol 50mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine can cross the placenta and reach the cord blood. Hence it is known to have serious effects on the foetus. Complications such as growth retardation, malformations, foetal death have been reported with the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine during pregnancy. If the benefits outweigh the risks, you doctor may decide whether to prescribe it during your pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine gets excreted into the mother's milk and hence should not be taken by breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine does not affect your vision or ability to drive. But if you experience dizziness or drowsiness while taking this medicine, then do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol can lower your blood pressure and make it fall to a very low level. Hence limit your alcohol intake or completely avoid taking it while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma, breathing problems, chest pain like Prinzmetal’s angina, poor blood circulation, rapid heartbeats, thyrotoxicosis, kidney or liver disease.
- You have diabetes, as you may have to get your dose of the medicine altered since it may cause low blood sugar levels and change your body’s response to low blood sugar where you may experience the symptoms like sweating, hunger pangs, headache, increased heart rate....Read more
Mode of Action of Atelol 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Beta blockers such as this medicine decrease the heart rate, blood pressure and reduce the strain on your heart.
Directions for Use of Atelol 50mg Tab
- Take the tablet orally
- Do not chew or crush the tablet before taking it
- Take the tablet with or without food
- Drink water after having the tablet
Interactions of Atelol 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Calcium channel blockers such as verapamil, diltiazem and nifedipine, as well as medicines such as digoxin can reduce your heart rate further if taken with this medicine
- Antihypertensive medicines such as clonidine and prazosin can lower your blood pressure more than usual if taken with the medicine
Interactions with food items
Orange juice and apple juice can decrease the effectiveness of this medicine. Hence, limit your intakeof these juices while taking this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Do not take this medicine if you are undergoing haemodialysis, or you have renal dysfunction, bradyarrhythmia/AV block, cardiogenic shock/hypotension, congestive heart failure, tachycardia, asthma/COP
D, diabetes, hypersensitivity, ischemic heart disease, cerebrovascular insufficiency, glaucoma, hyperlipidemia, hyperthyroidism, myasthenia gravis, psoriasis or pheochromocytoma....
Storage and disposal of Atelol 50mg Tab
- Keep the medicine away from excess heat, moisture and light
- Store the medicine in the packing that it came in
- Keep the tablets away from sight and reach of children
- Dispose off the expired medicines carefully
Dosage of Atelol 50mg Tab
An overdose of this medicine may lead to fatal consequences. You should consult your doctor immediately in case you develop symptoms such as breathing disorders, lethargy, wheezing, excessive slowing
of heartbeats, missed heartbeats, swelling of hands, feet, ankles, lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, confusion, sweating, blurred vision, headache, pale colour, numbness or tingling of mouth....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose the moment as soon as you remember it. You should not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the medicine if I feel better?
A: You should not suddenly stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor. By suddenly stopping a beta blocker , you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or develop a heart attack. Your physician will taper down the dose gradually.
Q: Do I need to follow any special precautions while taking the medicine?
A: In case of symptoms like dizziness, vision problems, syncope, sexual dysfunction andslow heart rate, you should report to your physician immediately. Your physician will adjust the dose of the medicine depending on your heart rate, blood pressure, blood serum levels of this medicine and various other factors.
Q: Do I need to inform my physician about anything before taking the medicine?
A: Inform your physician if you have a liver disease, kidney disease, heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus, thyroid disorders currently or in the past. You must also consult your doctor about any ongoing medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines that you are taking. If you are a pregnant women or are currently using oral birth control pills or any other vital information related to your pregnancy history such as pregnancy induced high blood pressure, you should should be informed to your physician before taking this medicine.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking the medicine?
A: Orange juice and apple juice can reduce the efficacy of this medicine. Hence do not take these fruit juices for atleast 4 hours before taking this medicine. You can safely consume home cooked meals. Since this medicine is given for reducing your blood pressure, it is advised that you consume a low sodium diet in order to control your blood pressure more efficiently.
Q: When will I start seeing results after taking the medicine?
A: You should start feeling better within a few doses of this medicine, but for full benefit of the medicine you may have to wait for 1-2 weeks. Inform your doctor if there is no improvement or if your symptoms worsen i.e. your blood pressure rises.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved