Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Asthakind Tablet is used in treatment of cough with mucus (phlegm). It helps to release the mucus from the windpipe, nose or lungs and improves the symptoms like chest tightness, breathing difficulty
, wheezing and coughing. Asthakind Tablet contains guaifenesin (guaiphenesin), terbutaline and bromhexine. Guaifenesin is an expectorant group of medicine, terbutaline is a bronchodilator, and bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine. Do not take Asthakind Tablet if you are allergic to it, have an ulcer in the stomach or intestine, are taking other cough suppressing medicines, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Asthakind Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|Contains||Bromhexine(4.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(100.0 Mg) + Terbutaline(2.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough especially associated with mucus|
|Side effects||Shaking, headache, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Asthakind Tablet.
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- If you use other cough medicines which inhibits the cough reflex (like codeine), especially before going to sleep. Taking this medicine with other cough suppressing medicine inhibits the coughing out sputum....
Side effects of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Fast heart beats
- Ponding heartbeats (palpitation)
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling tense
- Irregular heartbeats
- Irritation in mouth and throat
- Change sleeping patterns
- Low blood potassium levels (produces symptoms like weakness, thirst, pins and needle sensation)
Precautions and Warnings of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are having a feeling of weakness.
- You are having asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe.
- You are having stomach or duodenal ulcers this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You are having any liver or kidney problems.
- You are having epilepsy or fits.
- You are having any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You are having pregnancy or any problem related to pregnancy.
- You are having diabetes mellites. Your doctor may advise few tests before starting the treatment.
- You are having any heart problems like irregular heartbeats or angina (chest pain due to decreased blood supply to the heart).
- You are having an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have any sugar intolerance.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- Do not use Asthakind Tablet for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Asthakind Tablet works by the combined action of all its components: guaifenesin, terbutaline and bromhexine
- Guaifenesin being an expectorant group of medicine decreases the stickiness of mucus to the windpipe and lungs.
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine, which decreases the consistency of mucus and makes it thin and loosens it. So, it becomes easier for patients to cough it out.
- Terbutaline being a bronchodilator medicine, relaxes the muscles of the windpipe so breathing becomes easy.
Directions for Use of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Asthakind Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.
Interactions of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Steroid medicines like Prednisolone
- Xanthine medicines like Theophylline or Aminophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Beta-blocker medicines like Atenolol or Propranolol used for high blood pressure, and eye drops like Timolol for glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Water tablets, also known as diuretics (like Frusemide)
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics, you must inform your doctor about all medications you are taking
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin or Cefalexin
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic medicines like Salicylates, Phenylbuthazone and Oxyphenylbuthazone (it may increase the chances of stomach irritation and ulcers)
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking, including medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Asthakind Tablet or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Asthakind Tablet below 25°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Asthakind Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Asthakind Tablet?
Q: How does Asthakind Tablet work?
Q: Can I use Asthakind Tablet if I am suffering from heart problem?
Q: Can I stop Asthakind Tablet once my symptoms get improved?
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- ASTHAKIND DX SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- ASTHAKIND SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASTHAKIND LS COLA FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASTHAKIND P BOTTLE OF 15ML DROPS
- ASTHAKIND DX JUNIOR CHERRY FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP
- ASTHAKIND LS BOTTLE OF 15ML DROPS
- ASTHAKIND LS JUNIOR BOTTLE OF 60ML EXPECTORANT
- ASTHAKIND LS COLA FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 60ML EXPECTORANT
- ASTHAKIND SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 60ML EXPECTORANT
- ASTHAKIND DX SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 60ML SYRUP