Asthakind P Drops
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asthakind-P Drops is a pediatric medicine containing a combination of ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline as its active ingredients. It is used to treat wet cough in children. Asthakind-P Drops hel
ps in the expulsion of mucus and reduces cough and breathlessness. This medicine should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment. Asthakind-P Drops should not be given with any other cough or cold medicines. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician....
Uses of Asthakind P Drops
Asthakind-P Drops are used to treat wet cough in children.
Contraindications of Asthakind P Drops
- If your child is allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Asthakind-P Drops.
- If your child is suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If your child has any heart conditions or is prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Asthakind P Drops
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Asthakind P Drops
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has any underlying medical condition like heart disease. Your child is suffering from liver or kidney problems. Your child doesn't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for morethan 5 days, consult a doctor immediately. Your child is suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies....Read more
Mode of Action of Asthakind P Drops
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thereby helps removing the cough. Terbutaline has broncho
dilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and helps make breathing easier. Guaifenesin is an expectorant; it helps thin the mucus in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways....
Directions for Use of Asthakind P Drops
- Take Asthakind-P Drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Asthakind P Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- As Asthakind-P Drops contain different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Asthakind-P Drops and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- Asthakind-P Drops should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problems and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Asthakind-P Drops when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Asthakind P Drops
- Store Asthakind-P Drops below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Asthakind P Drops
Symptoms of an overdose include headache, anxiety, fits, abdominal cramps, irregular heartbeats sometimes a drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your d
octor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take
a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Asthakind-P Drops without consulting your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Asthakind-P Drops be used during dry cough?
A: Asthakind-P Drops are generally used for wet cough only. It helps to loosen up the mucous so that it can be removed easily through coughing. Your doctor will suggest you this medicine after examining you only, whether it's a dry cough or wet cough.
Q: Is Asthakind-P Drops a habit-forming medicine?
A: Asthakind-P Drops does not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used for more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used in any cough without consultation from a registered medical practitioner.
Q: What kind of food should I avoid?
A: It is recommended to avoid spicy, cold and oily foodstuffs to avoid irritation in the throat.
Q: What if one stops taking Asthakind-P Drops?
A: If Asthakind-P Drops is stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect the effectiveness of this medicine. Also, it is advisable not to start this syrup on one’s own wish without having a proper consultation with one’s treating physician.
- CDSCO. Ambroxol / Guaiphenesin / Terbutaline. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Webmd. Guaiphenesin. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Drugs.com. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Brincanyl. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
- Ciplamed. PI. Cheston plus Syrup [Accessed on 12 Sep 2021] (online)
|You Save||₹9.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Terbutaline(0.25 Mg),Ambroxol(7.5 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough in children|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm|
Last Updated on: 15 Sep 2021 | 11:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved