Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asthakind-DX Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing & a stuffed nose due to an allergy or cold. It contains a combination of three medicines, namely chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. Asthakind-DX Sugar-Free syrup can be taken with or without food, but it should be taken in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
Uses of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
Asthakind-DX Sugar-Free Syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, runny, or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
- If you have any known allergy to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, phenylephrine or any ingredient of this syrup.
- If you have high blood pressure, a heart-related disorder such as heart attack and blockage.
- If you have severe airway related infection or asthma (this syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and during breastfeeding.
Side effects of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
Can I take Asthakind-DX Syrup during pregnancy?
Asthakind-DX Syrup should be avoided in pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Asthakind-DX Syrup while breastfeeding?
Asthakind-DX syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this syrup may pass into breastmilk and can harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Asthakind-DX Syrup?
Asthakind-DX Syrup may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Asthakind-DX Syrup?
Alcohol intake, along with the use of Asthakind-DX Syrup, can make you dizzier or drowsier. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this syrup and discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You have asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or have trouble in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
Mode of Action of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Asthakind-DX syrup works by the combined action of its components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, and acts on a specific part of cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of specific natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance.Read less
Directions for Use of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
- Take Asthakind-DX syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Asthakind-DX SF syrup should not be consumed with or at least after two weeks of consuming certain medicines used to treat brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicines used to relax the muscles like oxazepam & baclofen should not be taken along with this syrup.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
- Store Asthakind-DX SF syrup at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Asthakind Dx Sf Syp 100ml
Symptoms of overdose of Asthakind-DX syrup can be agitation, confusion, fits, sleepiness, fusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Asthakind-DX syrup, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this syrup to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Asthakind-DX syrup?
A: Asthakind-DX syrup is used for temporary relief from cough and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal blockage due to an allergy or cold.
Q: Does Asthakind-DX syrup contain a steroid?
A: No, Asthakind-DX syrup does not contain any steroidal component.
Q: Is Asthakind-DX syrup habit-forming?
A: No, Asthakind-DX syrup has not shown any habit-forming tendencies.
Q: What is the difference between Asthakind-DX syrup and Asthakind-DX LS syrup?
A: Asthakind-DX syrup and Asthakind-DX LS syrup vary in their composition and usage. Asthakind-DX syrup is used for relieving cough, and allergic symptoms due to an allergy or cold, and it has three ingredients, namely Chlorpheniramine, Phenylephrine and Dextromethorphan. However, Asthakind-DX LS is used for relieving symptoms of Bronchospasm such as coughing, wheezing, breathlessness, chest tightness, and breathing difficulties in conditions such as asthma and airway disorders. Asthakind-DX LS contains Ambroxol, Levosalbutamol and Guaifenesin as main ingredients.
Q: Is Asthakind-DX junior syrup and Asthakind-DX syrup same?
A: No, both the syrups differ in the strength of their ingredients. Asthakind-DX junior syrup contains half of the power of Asthakind-DX syrup and its meant to be used in children. Asthakind-DX syrup is intended for use in adults and should never be used for children.
Q: Can Asthakind DX syrup be used during pregnancy?
A: You should consult your doctor before using Asthakind DX syrup during pregnancy as there is limited information about its use in pregnant women.
Q: Does Asthakind-DX sugar-free syrup make you sleep?
A: Yes, Asthakind-DX sugar-free syrup may make you feel drowsy and sleepy. If you experience such symptoms after taking the medicine, take rest. Do not perform activities that need mental alertness like driving or operating complex machinery. Always consult a doctor before using any medicine.
Q: I have an overactive thyroid. Can I use Asthakind -DX sugar-free syrup?
A: Asthakind-DX sugar-free syrup is to be used with caution in those having overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). Consult your doctor before the use of this medicine.
Q: What happens if I unintentionally take a higher than the recommended dose of Asthakind-DX sugar-free syrup?
A: It is always safe to take the syrup in dosage as prescribed by the doctor. Taking excessive dose may cause harm, it can lead to symptoms like fits, mental confusion, excited behaviour, irritated behaviour and uncontrolled jerks in the muscles. Consult your doctor or nearest hospital if you experience these symptoms.
- CDSCO. Chlorpheniramine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
- Torque Pharma. Tordex Cough Syrup. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
- Webmd. Chlorpheniramine-Phenylephephrine-DM. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Chlorpheniramine. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Phenylepinephrine. [Accessed on 10-Sep-2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹17 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg),Dextromethorphan(15.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, dry mouth, stomach pain, constipation, itching|
Last Updated on: 18 May 2021 | 12:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved