Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup Description
Tusq-DX syrup is used for short-term relief from cough, irritation in the throat, sneezing & blocked nose due to an allergy or cold. Tusq-DX syrup contains three active ingredients, namely Chlorpheni
ramine, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy.
|You Save||₹14.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Dextromethorphan(15.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, dry mouth, itching, rashes, nausea|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Contraindications of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Known allergy to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine or any ingredient of syp Tusq d.
- High blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- Serious airway related infection or asthma (this syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- You should not take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- You are suffering from urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Mode of Action of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Tusq-DX syrup works by the combined effect of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, it acts on a specific part of the cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....
Directions for Use of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take syp Tusq d as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Chericof syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Tusq-DX syrup should not be consumed with or at least after two weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc. ...
- Medicines (antibiotics) used to treat infections like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with this syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store the syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Tusq-DX syrup?
Q: Can I use Tusq-DX syrup for Dry cough?
Q: Is Tusq-DX syrup a steroid?
Q: What is the content present in Tusq Dx syrup?
Q: Can Tusq Dx syrup be given to children?
Q: What are the side effects of Tusq Dx syrup?
Q: What is the dose of Tusq Dx syrup for a child?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Tordex Cough Syrup - Oral Liquids - Torque Pharma [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine-Phenylephephrine-DM. [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Phenylepinephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]