Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tusq-DX syrup is used for short-term relief from cough, irritation in the throat, sneezing & blocked nose due to an allergy or cold. Tusq-DX syrup contains three active ingredients, namely Chlorphenir
amine, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy....
Uses of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Tusq-DX syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, runny or stuffy nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Known allergy to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine or any ingredient of this syrup.
- High blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- Serious airway related infection or asthma (this syrup should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- You should not take this syrup if you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- You are suffering from urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Can I take Tusq-DX syrup during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should avoid taking this syrup as there is no safety information available on the use of Tusq-DX syrup in pregnancy.
Can I take Tusq-DX syrup while breastfeeding?
Tusq-DX syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this syrup may pass into breast milk and can harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tusq-DX syrup?
You may feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this medicine. It is not recommended to drive after using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Tusq-DX syrup?
Avoid alcohol consumption with this syrup as it can make you feel more dizzy and drowsy. It is recommended to avoid alcoholic beverages during the treatment and discuss with your doctor if you consume alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
Mode of Action of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Tusq-DX syrup works by the combined effect of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant, it acts on a specific part of the cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....Read more
Directions for Use of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Take Tusq-DX syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities.
- Do not consume Chericof syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Tusq-DX syrup should not be consumed with or at least after two weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline etc....Read more
- Medicines (antibiotics) used to treat infections like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with this syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
- Store the syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tusq Dx Sugar Free Bottle Of 100ml Syrup
Symptoms of overdose can be agitation, confusion, fits, drowsiness, fusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this syrup, contact your doctor immediately or vis
it the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take while taking Tusq-DX syrup?
A: Tusq-DX syrup may contain sugar or alcohol as an additive. It is advised to tell your health conditions to the doctor if you have diabetes, dependency on alcohol or suffering from liver disease.
Q: Can I use Tusq-DX syrup for Dry cough?
A: Yes, Tusq-DX syrup can be used for dry cough. However, it is important to consult the doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Is Tusq-DX syrup a steroid?
A: No, it does not contain any steroidal component.
- CDSCO. Chlorpheniramine+Phenylepinephrine+ Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
- Torque Pharma. Tordex Cough Syrup. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
- Webmd. Chlorpheniramine-Phenylephephrine-DM. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Chlorpheniramine. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Dextromethorphan. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Phenylepinephrine. [Accessed on 09-Aug-2021] (online)
|You Save||₹13.2 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg),Dextromethorphan(15.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, dry mouth, itching, rashes, nausea|
Last Updated on: 09 Aug 2021 | 05:57 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved