Arifine 5mg Tablet
Arifine 5 MG Description
Arifine is a prescription medication. It belongs to a class of medicines called anti-psychotics. The active component of Arifine is Aripiprazole (5mg). Arifine is used in the treatment of schizophren
a and mania. Schizophrenia is a disorder where patients have an altered perception of reality, affecting how they feel, think and behave. They can present with hallucinations, delusions, altered perceptions, mood changes, disorderly thinking: all of which can be debilitating. The Arifine dosage should be taken as per the doctor’s prescription. Taking the medication at the same time every day ensures efficient action and reduces the risk of relapse. It is also recommended to complete the entire course of Arifine as prescribed by the treating physician. Abruptly stopping this medication can cause worsening of symptoms.
Uses of Arifine 5 MG
- As per CDSCO,
- It is used by psychiatrists only- for the treatment of schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Arifine 5 MG
- If you have hypersensitivity to Aripiprazole.
- If you are diabetic as it can alter sugar levels.
- If you have a history of stroke.
- If you have a history of altered lipid profile and are on medication for the same.
- If you have a history of convulsions.
Side effects of Arifine 5 MG
- Weight gain
- Acid regurgitation
- Salivary hypersecretion
Precautions and Warnings of Arifine 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have obesity / deranged cholesterol levels.
- You have suicidal ideation.
- You had a seizure episode.
- You have deranged white blood cell counts due to pre-existing conditions.
- You are an elderly patient with dementia-related psychosis (increased risk of mortality).
- You are a young patient, as it can increase suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Arifine 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Arifine 5 MG
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- It is recommended to finish the full course of this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor. Abrupt stoppage of the medication can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication....
Interactions of Arifine 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To be used with caution with anti-hypertensives as this medication may potentiate the effect of alpha-adrenergic blockers and cause an increased drop in blood pressure.
- Sugar medications may cause an increase in blood sugar levels in diabetics.
- There are multiple medications that might interfere with the metabolism of Arifine tablets. This may result in increased or decreased levels of the tablet. This includes itraconazole, rifampicin, fluoxetine, etc....
Interactions with food items
- This medication can be taken with or without food. It does not have any specific interactions with any food.