Aquaviron Ampoule Of 1ml Suspension For Injection
Aquaviron 25 MG Description
Aquaviron injection 1ml contains testosterone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat disorders in males (male hypogonadism) that occur due to a low level of testosterone. Male hypogonadism is
a condition when the body does not produce a sufficient amount of testosterone that is essential for masculine growth, enough sperm production, muscle strength etc. The doctors usually ask for certain lab tests to check if your testosterone levels are actually low before starting treatment with Aquaviron injection 1ml. This medicine will be given to you under the skin as an injection in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You may experience symptoms after the injection like difficulty in breathing, dizziness, chest pain, swelling, rashes etc. It is suggested to wait in the clinic for at least 30 minutes after receiving this injection.
Uses of Aquaviron 25 MG
- Aquaviron injection 1ml is indicated for the treatment of male hypogonadism, a condition that arises due to a low level of testosterone hormone in males.
- It is used as a testosterone replacement therapy in males with such conditions.
Contraindications of Aquaviron 25 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Aquaviron injection 1ml.
- If you had or have an active tumour in the liver.
- If you are suffering from prostate or breast cancer.
- It is not meant for the use of women.
Side effects of Aquaviron 25 MG
- Abnormally increased level of red blood cells
- Increased haemoglobin
- Weight gain
- Hot flushes
- Enlarged prostate
- Allergic reactions at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Aquaviron 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- It is not recommended to children and adults too until hypogonadism has been clearly demonstrated by clinical tests.
- Before starting the treatment, all the patients are advised to have complete medical tests to cut out the already existing prostate cancer risk. It is also important to keep a check on the testosterone level during the treatment. The doctor may adjust the dose to maintain a consistent level of testosterone in the body during the treatment....
- You are suffering from cancer, a doctor may ask to monitor the calcium level in the blood regularly throughout the therapy.
- You have any kind of heart, kidney or liver-related problem.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure. Aquaviron injection 1ml should be used with caution in such patients as it may lead to a rise in blood pressure.
- You have any kind of blood clotting problem.
- You are already taking oral blood thinners, as Aquaviron injection 1ml can enhance the activity of oral anticoagulants or blood thinners like warfarin if taken along.
- You have a migraine problem.
- You are suffering from fits.
- You feel difficulty in breathing while sleeping.
- It is suggested to take the recommended dose only otherwise misuse of testosterone can lead to serious health issues related to the heart, liver or other psychiatric effects.
- If this injection is taken along with other anabolic androgenic steroids, it can cause serious health issues to the liver, heart and psychological effects.
Mode of Action of Aquaviron 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Aquaviron 25 MG
- The injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Aquaviron 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Aquaviron injection 1ml and the hormone ACTH or corticosteroids (that is used to treat conditions like asthma, allergic reaction, inflammation etc.) should be used with caution if taken along. As it may increase the risk of water retention or swelling, especially in patients having heart and liver-related disorders....
- It is suggested to keep monitoring the blood clotting factors in patients, if Aquaviron injection 1ml is being used along with blood thinners like warfarin, especially during the initial stage of treatment....
Storage and disposal of Aquaviron 25 MG
- It does not require any special storage conditions.
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Try to keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Aquaviron 25 MG
- The injection will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is testosterone? How is it related to male hypogonadism?
- Testosterone is one of the male sex hormones that occur in men. It is essential for men in various aspects. It is responsible for the growth and development of male sex organs, puberty, libido, typical male characteristics, bigger muscles, sperm production, deeper voice, etc. A low level of testosterone leads to a disorder called, male hypogonadism. It is a condition when the body does not produce enough testosterone or sperms....
- Usually, with age, the level of testosterone declines. Other than age there are other factors too that are responsible for it like HIV, any injury to the testes, tumours in the testicles, tuberculosis etc....
Q: What should I inform my physician before starting the treatment with Aquaviron injection 1ml?
Q: How long should I continue the treatment with Aquaviron injection 1ml?
- It is suggested to follow the recommended dosage schedule. You should not use it for more than the recommended dose and duration, misuse of testosterone can cause severe adverse effects and medicine dependency too....