Anxipose 2mg Tablets
Anxipose 2 MG Description
Anxipose is a prescription medication with the active ingredient being Lorazepam. It is primarily used to treat anxiety, panic disorders, and seizure disorders (epilepsy). Anxiety is a condition cha
racterised by increased worry and fear about routine situations. Anxiety can present with increased heart rate, sweating, restlessness, trembling, increased rate of breathing etc. Panic disorder is also a type of anxiety disorder with a feeling of loss of control and fear. It is important to note that Anxipose has habit-forming potential. It also has the potential to be misused. Anxipose should be taken as prescribed. The entire course should be completed. Stopping the tablet suddenly is not advisable as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹4.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of anxiety disorders & short term relief of anxiety|
|Side effects||Sedation, dizziness, weakness, dizziness, lethargy, fatigue, drowsiness, impaired coordination & balance, blurred vision, confusion, irritability, loss of libido|
Uses of Anxipose 2 MG
- Management of anxiety disorders
- Short term relief of anxiety associated with depressive symptoms
Contraindications of Anxipose 2 MG
- It is contraindicated in patients with known Lorazepam hypersensitivity or allergies to any medication components.
- Anxipose is contraindicated in patients with serious liver disease.
- It is contraindicated in patients with acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- This medication should not be used in patients with lung disorders such as respiratory insufficiency, and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Anxipose is not advisable for use in patients with myasthenia gravis, a disorder that affects muscle strength and respiration.
- It should be used with caution in patients with
- History of depression, suicidal ideation
- History of substance use and dependence
- Elderly patients
Side effects of Anxipose 2 MG
- Unsteadiness, Impaired coordination & balance
- Blurred vision
- Loss of libido
Precautions and Warnings of Anxipose 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications. This tablet interacts with many other medications that use the same metabolic enzymes.
- You should report to your doctor immediately in case of any mood changes or suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Anxipose 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Anxipose 2 MG
- This medication should be taken only as prescribed by a trained medical professional.
- It is recommended to take this medication at the same time every day for the best results.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Don’t crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Consult your doctor before stopping. Stopping the pill suddenly can cause side effects.
- Do not change the dose of the tablet unless advised by a medical professional.
Interactions of Anxipose 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The use of this medication with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.) is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- Anxipose should also not be used with other CNS depressants like alcohol can also cause similar effects and present life-threatening adverse effects.
- It should not be used with clozapine, as it may produce marked sedation, excessive salivation, drop in BP, lack of muscle control, delirium, and respiratory arrest.
- The concomitant use of Lorazepam and Valproate is not recommended as it increases the concentration of Lorazepam in blood, hence its side effects.
- Anxipose should not be used with probenecid as it slows the excretion of the active ingredient.
- Theophylline and aminophylline decrease the sedative effects of Lorazepam and other benzodiazepines.
Interactions with food items
- This medication does not have any known interaction with food items.
Storage and disposal of Anxipose 2 MG
Dosage of Anxipose 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have felt very drowsy ever since I started taking Anxipose. Can I stop it?
Q: I was prescribed Anxipose for one month, but my symptoms have not been treated completely. Can I continue the tablet?
Q: I get joint pain, and my doctor had prescribed a painkiller that I take occasionally. Can it be taken with Anxipose?
- Ghiasi N, Bhansali RK, Marwaha R. Lorazepam. [Updated 2022 Feb 7]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- Lorazepam Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 March 2022]. Available from: