Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ampoxin 500 capsule is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infection of lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose, wounds after surgery due to various organisms. It contains ampicillin and cloxacillin as its active ingredients that belong to the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting the growth, killing the infection-causing bacteria. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. Any missed or skipped dose can lead to treatment failure and reoccurrence of the infection. You may experience diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting while on this medicine.
Uses of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Ampoxin 500 capsules is used to treat bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery.
Contraindications of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to ampicillin, cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of Ampoxin 500 capsules.
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin.
- Ampoxin 500 capsules should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided.
Side effects of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Ampoxin 500 capsules during pregnancy?
The effect of Ampoxin 500 capsules in pregnant women is not known. However, it should be used only if considered essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I take Ampoxin 500 capsules while breastfeeding?
Ampoxin 500 capsules passes into breastmilk and can cause side effects like diarrhoea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore, it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ampoxin 500 capsules?
Ampoxin 500 capsules does not alter the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Ampoxin 500 capsules?
Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach like nausea and vomiting. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- You are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor.
- You develop other infections while taking this medicine.
- You have existing kidney problems.
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Ampoxin 500 capsules inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Ampoxin 500 capsules should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Ampoxin 500 capsules may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Ampoxin 500 capsules works, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- In particular if you are taking medicines for gout, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, azithromycin, painkillers etc.
- This medicine hampers how oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
Storage and disposal of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store in a dry place at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ampoxin 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- The overdose of Ampoxin 500 capsules may cause serious kidney failure if you have existing kidney problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you think you have taken too much dose of the medicine than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if its time for your next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. This is specific for treating bacterial infections while cold and flu are caused by viruses. Hence, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
Q: Why should I take Ampoxin 500 capsules with food?
A: Ampoxin 500 capsules should be taken with food to avoid stomach upset. Also, it enhances the absorption of the medicine. Hence, consuming this medicine on an empty stomach can result in stomach upset.
Q: Can the use of Ampoxin 500 capsules cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Ampoxin 500 capsules can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect. However, not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Is Ampoxin 500 capsules safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available about the effect of Ampoxin 500 capsules on pregnancy. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after assessing the safety and necessity.
Q: Is Ampoxin 500 capsules useful for tooth infection?
A: Yes, Ampoxin 500 capsules can be used to treat tooth infection. Your dentist may prescribe you the medicine based on your dental condition.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 May 2021 | 10:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved