Amox Lb Tablets
Amox Lb Tablets Description
Amox Lb Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections like infections of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin, bone and joint and urinary tract infections. It is
used for patients at risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. It contains amoxicillin and lactobacillus as active ingredients. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Take Amox Lb as advised by your doctor. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return of the infection.
|You Save||₹9.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 M) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rashes|
- Mox P 500mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 260.00₹ 234.00₹ 15.6/Tablet
Uses of Amox Lb Tablets
- Amox Lb Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat, joint, bone and urinary tract.
- It is used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
- It is used for patients at risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Amox Lb Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, lactobacillus or other components of this Amox Lb Tablet.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines, ask the doctor.
Side effects of Amox Lb Tablets
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Amox Lb Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking medicine.
- If you have kidney disease, then dose adjustments are required.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea and fever. Even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Amox Lb Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amoxicillin blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Amox Lb Tablets
- Amox Lb Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take it with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
Interactions of Amox Lb Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amox Lb Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Amox Lb Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Amox Lb Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Amox Lb Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What is Amox Lb Tablet used for?
- Amox Lb is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, joints, bone and certain reproductive tract infections (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori....
- It is also used to treat diarrhoea associated with the use of antibiotics or this medicine.