Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
30 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlopres-AT tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris, a condition characterised by chest pain, tightness and squeezing in the chest radiating towards shoulders, arms and neck. It contains a combination of two medicines, namely amlodipine and atenolol that works by lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problem and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the exact duration, it is prescribed.
Uses of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Amlopres-AT tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also heart-related disorders such as chest pain (Angina pectoris).
Contraindications of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, atenolol or any of the ingredients of the Amlopres-AT tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have any kind of heart-related diseases.
- If you have a blood circulation problem that affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Hot flushes
- Fluid retention
- Pounding heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Can I take the Amlopres-AT tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your doctor. Your doctor will suggest a safer alternative therapy.
Can I take the Amlopres-AT tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Amlopres-AT tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially at the beginning of treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it is better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Amlopres-AT tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver problem or kidney problems.
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level.
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with the Amlopres-AT tablet.
- You are above 60 years.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlopres-AT tablet works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart.Read less
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Amlopres-AT tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Amlopres-AT tablet is a combination of two medicines and there is no sufficient information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with amlodipine or telmisartan can happen with this combination too.Read less
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders.Read less
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like immunosuppressants (such as ciclosporin), medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, muscle relaxants, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least 4 hours after taking this medicine as it can affect the absorption of the Amlopres-AT tablet.
Storage and disposal of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Store the Amlopres-AT tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Amlopres At 50mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of the Amlopres-AT tablet include laziness, a respiratory disorder like wheezing sound, sick sinus, slow heartbeat, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and low blood sugar level. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. An overdose of this medicine can sometimes lead to heart failure.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine, if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Amlopres-AT tablet?
A: Do not stop taking this medicine until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription.
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
Q: What are the side effects of the Amlopres-AT tablet?
A: Medicines along with the desired effect, sometimes give side effects also, however not everyone gets them. The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in the ankle and fatigue.
Q: How much time does it take for the Amlopres-AT tablet to start working?
A: It takes approximately 1 hour for this medicine to start showing its blood pressure lowering effects. However, this can vary among individual depending on their physiology and metabolism.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- AMLOPRES AT Tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Atenolol Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021].
- Amlodipine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved