Amlip 5mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlip 5 mg tablet is used for certain heart-related disorders and high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine, which belongs to the class of medications called calcium channel blockers. This medicine
should be used with caution in patients with a known history of liver impairment due to an increased risk of severe adverse effects. This medicine should be used cautiously in the elderly. It should not be used by women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Side effects like weakness, dizziness, stomach ache, indigestion can be experienced while using Amlip 5 mg tablet. In case you experience too many side effects or any discomforts due to this medication, contact your doctor immediately. Before using Amlip 5 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Amlip 5mg Tablet
Amlip 5 mg tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Amlip 5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have an abnormal narrowing of the aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis).
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic Shock).
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amlip 5mg Tablet
- Feeling sick
- Stomach ache
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
Precautions and Warnings of Amlip 5mg Tablet
Can I take Amlip 5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of Amlip 5 mg tablet during pregnancy is not known. Using it during pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine.
Can I take Amlip 5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Amlodipine passes into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlip 5 mg tablet?
Amlip 5 mg tablet may affect your ability to drive. If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment
Can I consume alcohol with Amlip 5 mg tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure. Hence, caution is advised. You should avoid binge drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical condition like kidney or liver disease.
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Amlip 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Amlip 5 mg tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass from the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. It also improves the blood and oxy
gen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain....
Directions for Use of Amlip 5mg Tablet
- Take Amlip 5 mg tablet as directed by the doctor.
- It can be taken with or even without food.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take the tablet as a whole, do not chew or crush it.
Interactions of Amlip 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Amlip 5 mg tablet or Amlip 5 mg tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....Read more
- In particular, if you are on certain medications such as antifungal medicines (like ketoconazole), medicines used to treat heart-related disorders, immunosuppressants, etc.
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should not be used together with Amlip 5 mg tablet as they increase the risk of side effects.
- Muscle relaxant medicines when used together with this medicine, may lower potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice should not be consumed along with Amlip 5 mg tablet, as these can cause a drastic drop in your blood pressure.
- If your doctor has advised you low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Storage and disposal of Amlip 5mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children.
- Check the expiry date before taking this medicine and do not use the medicine after its expiry date.
Dosage of Amlip 5mg Tablet
- You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting and weakness. There are chances of excessive lowering of blood pressure. You may become unconscious and your skin may be cold and clammy.
- If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine, consult the doctor immediately or visit a hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose.
- If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Amlip 5 mg tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Amlip 5 mg tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Amlip 5 mg tablet?
A: Yes, your doctor may advise you on a low-salt or low-sodium diet while on treatment. Follow all the directions carefully.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause severe complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
- Amlodipine 10 mg Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Bulsara K, Cassagnol M. Amlodipine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- NORVASC [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Amlodipine 10 mg Tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Amlodipine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved