Amitone 25mg Tablet
Amitone 25 MG Description
Amitone 25 mg tablet is a tricyclic antidepressant used to treat depression, migraine, and neuropathic pain in adults. It acts by disrupting the equilibrium of certain neurotransmitters like serotoni
n in the brain, thereby improving your mood, relieving tension, improving sleep and vitality. Amitone 25mg Tablet is quickly absorbed and begins working within 6 hours of being taken orally. It's a good antidepressant, but it might make you drowsy. You should not stop taking it suddenly. Amitone 25 mg tablet contains Amitriptyline helps regulate mood and prevent depression by regulating particular chemical messengers like serotonin and norepinephrine that help communicate between brain cells. Amitone 25 mg tablet also inhibits transmission of pain signals, resulting in neuropathic pain alleviation.
|You Save||₹1.21 (5% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Neuropathic pain|
|Side effects||Constipation, Dry Mouth, Palpitations, Obesity, Sleepiness|
Uses of Amitone 25 MG
- Adult-onset depression (major depressive disorder)
- Neuropathic pain
- Prophylaxis for chronic tension-type headaches
Contraindications of Amitone 25 MG
- Suicidal tendencies
- Closed-angle glaucoma
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Manic depression
- Torsades de pointes
- Heart rhythm abnormality
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Liver issues
- Chronic constipation
Side effects of Amitone 25 MG
- Most of the aftereffects go away as your body adjusts to the medication. See your doctor if they continue to bother you or you're concerned about them.
- Dry Mouth
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Aggressive behaviour
Precautions and Warnings of Amitone 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your blood pressure level rises. Therefore, while using this medication, you must monitor your blood pressure frequently.
- You have a history of existing mental illness or psychotic symptoms. The use of such a tricyclic antidepressant should be with utmost precaution and under constant monitoring by a qualified physician.
- You should use it with utmost caution for patients who have a history of epilepsy or seizures.
- Amitone contains Amitriptyline which can affect blood sugar levels. When on Amitone, keep a close watch on blood sugar levels.
- If you are a patient with liver disorders or improper liver function and using Amitone, you should do so with utmost care and regular monitoring.
Mode of Action of Amitone 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitone 25 MG
- Consume Amitone 25 mg tablet with or without meals. Have it as directed by your physician. Consume whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush. Your doctor will see how long you need to take the tablet based on your medical condition and reaction to therapy....
Interactions of Amitone 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pain relievers: Tramadol, Trazodone, Acetaminophen
- Antidepressants: Bupropion, Duloxetine
- Antihistamines: Diphenhydramine, Cetirizine
- Sedatives: Zolpidem
- Anti-anxiety medicines: Alprazolam
Interactions with food items
- When using Tablet Amitone 25 mg with alcohol, the sedative effects may be increased. Hence, one should not consume it with alcohol.
Storage and disposal of Amitone 25 MG
Dosage of Amitone 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Vineeti Dalal
MBBS, DNB Paediatrics, MRCPCH (UK)