Alprawin 0.5mg Tablets
Alprawin 0.5 MG Description
Alprawin 0.5mg tablet is an anxiolytic used to relieve anxiety symptoms and manage anxiety in generalised anxiety disorders, phobias, and panic disorders in adults. It belongs to a class of medicines
called Benzodiazepines and is chemically composed of Alprazolam. Alprazolam calms down your brain’s excessive activity and provides relief from signs and symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety is a feeling of fear, dread, or uneasiness that impairs your daily routine activities. A panic attack is sudden and repeated episodes of intense fear even when there is no apparent cause or real danger. The dose and duration of medicine are decided by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food, preferably at the same time daily as directed by your doctor. Your doctor might put you on a low dose and gradually reduce or increase the dose as required. Do not skip the doses or overdose. The common side effects of Alprawin 0.5mg are dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, lightheadedness, skin allergy, loss of coordination, fatigue and fall in blood pressure. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. Avoid operating heavy machinery or driving while on the medicine. The doctor should be informed about concurrent use of other medications and any medical health condition you are suffering from.
|You Save||₹3.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treats Anxiety disorders,Phobias and Panic disorders|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue,skinthe allergy, loss of motor coordination and hypotension.|
Uses of Alprawin 0.5 MG
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
Contraindications of Alprawin 0.5 MG
- Allergy from the medicine or any of its constituents
- If you are on Ketoconazole or Itraconazole (Antifungals which treat fungal infections)
Side effects of Alprawin 0.5 MG
- Common side effects of Alprawin 0.5mg tablet are
- Dry mouth
- Hypotension(fall in blood pressure)
- Skin allergy
- Loss of coordination and fatigue
- The list contains some of the common side effects and do not require any medical attention, however in case of persistent symptoms or severe reaction to the medicine please consult your doctor immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Alprawin 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- 1)You have any liver disease or kidney disease
- 2)You have lung disease or breathing problems.
- 3)You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine. You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time.
- 4)You are on any other medication (including prescription medicines, Over-the-counter medicines, herbal supplements or vitamins).
- 5)You have a history of alcoholism, substance abuse, dependence, or mental illnesses.
- 6)If you are pregnant or a nursing mother.
- 7)History of alcoholism.
Mode of Action of Alprawin 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alprawin 0.5 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- The dose and duration of the medicine should be prescribed by your doctor.
- The medicine has to be taken orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not chew or crush or attempt to split the tablet.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
- In cases of persistent side effects or severe allergic reactions, consult your doctor immediately.
Interactions of Alprawin 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- 1)Morphine or Buprenorphine when give with Alprawin 0.5mg, increases the risk of breathing difficulties
- 2)Anticonvulsants or antidepressants along with Alprawin 0.5mg leads to increased risk of sedation, drowsiness and breathing problems
- 3)Erythromycin might lead to an increased risk of allergic reaction
- 4)Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can increase the risk of side effects of Alprawin
Storage and disposal of Alprawin 0.5 MG
Dosage of Alprawin 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr Smita Jugnu Choudhary
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology