Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets Description
Alpkair Tablet is used to treat a brain-related disorder such as severe anxiety, anxiety associated with depression (low mood associated with fear and stress) and panic disorders (a feeling of terror
, without any association of real danger). Alpkair has alprazolam as its main ingredient. Alpkair Tablet enhances the effect of the chemical substance GABA, thereby reducing and inhibiting the abnormal and excessive nerve cells and nerve transmission within the brain. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as the sudden stopping of this medicine may result in worsening of the condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine.
|You Save||₹3.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Panic disorders, Anxiety associtaed with depression|
|Side effects||Sedation, dizziness, decreased appetite, altered coordination|
Uses of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
Contraindications of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to alprazolam or other ingredients present in the Alpkair Tablet.
- If you suffer from a very weak and tired muscles condition (myasthenia gravis).
- If you have severe chest problems and irregular breathing difficulties even while sleeping (chronic bronchitis, sleep apnoea).
- If you have severe liver problems. If you are on antifungal medicine such as ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure within the eye).
Side effects of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
- Decreased appetite
- Altered co-ordination or balance
- Memory impairment
- Slurred speech
Precautions and Warnings of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any psychiatric disorder such as maina, suicide.
- You have lung, kidney or liver problems.
- You have fits.
- You are pregnant.
- You have difficulty in passing urine after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You are any painkiller such as morphine, tramadol, etc.
- You have or had experienced any withdrawal or dependence effects, as a result of abruptly stopping the treatment.
Mode of Action of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
- Take this medication as whole with a glass of water.
- Take it as advised by doctor at prescribed dose and duration, perferably at same time daily.
Interactions of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines to treat epilepsy (fits), heart problems, an anti-hypertensive medicine, psychiatric illnesses or medicine to treat the brain-related disorder, anti-infective medicine, painkiller, antacids, anti-allergic, and oral contraceptive medicine. Alpkair Tablet must not be used along with medicines used to treat HIV infection like abacavir, zidovudine, medicines used to treat fungal infections like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone are contraindicated....
Storage and disposal of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not throw the medication via household waste of wastewater. Ask your pharmacist about the proper disposal of medicines no longer required.
Dosage of Alpkair 0.5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Alpkair Tablet addictive?
Q: Does Alpkair Tablet make you feel sleepy?
Q: Can I take Alpkair Tablet for pain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Alprax 0.25mg Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- Xanax Tablets 250 micrograms - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]
- DailyMed - ALPRAZOLAM tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 June 2022]