Alerid D Tablet
Alerid D Tablet Description
Alerid-D tablet is a combination medicine containing cetirizine and phenylephrine. Cetirizine has anti allergic properties and phenylephrine is a decongestant. Alerid-D tablet relieves symptoms of co
mmon cold, allergy, hay fever, and pollen grains/dust allergies. It treats a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throat, red eyes, and water from the eyes. It also decreases nasal blockage. Cetirizine stops the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Phenylephrine works by narrowing the blood vessels causing relief in nasal congestion.
Uses of Alerid D Tablet
- Alerid-D tablet is used to provide relief of the symptoms of common cold, allergy, hay fever, and pollen grains/dust allergies like a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throat, red eyes, and watering from the eyes. ...
- It is also used to decrease nasal congestion.
Contraindications of Alerid D Tablet
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, phenylephrine, or any of the other ingredients of Alerid-D tablet.
- If you have kidney disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, eye condition called angle-closure glaucoma, hyperactive thyroid, enlarged prostate gland.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma.
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medicine or have taken it within 14 days.
Side effects of Alerid D Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Alerid D Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have difficulty in urination.
- You experience fits/seizures.
- You are unable to digest some sugars.
- You develop itching or rash over the body after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 7 days.
- You do not get relief after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Alerid D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Alerid-D tablet contains cetirizine and phenylephrine as active substances.
- Cetirizine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine that is responsible for causing allergic symptoms.
- Phenylephrine works by narrowing the blood vessels causing relief in nasal blockage.
Directions for Use of Alerid D Tablet
- Take this medicine with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alerid D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alerid-D tablet works or Alerid-D tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking other decongestant medicines and medicines used in heart diseases.
Storage and disposal of Alerid D Tablet
- Store Alerid-D tablet at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerid D Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why does taking Alerid-D tablet cause sleepiness?
Q: Does Alerid-D tablet help in relieving cough?
Q: Should I take Alerid-D tablet if I am engaged in work that needs alertness and higher concentration?
Q: Can I take Alerid-D tablet for a longer duration?
Q: What is the use of Alerid-D?
- Alerid-D is used to provide relief of the symptoms of common cold, allergy, hay fever and pollen grains/dust allergies like a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throat, red eyes and watering from the eyes....
Q: Is Alerid-D and cetirizine the same?
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPc) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- Phenylephrine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPc) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- Cetirizine and Alcohol/Food Interactions [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 Apr 2022]