Alerid D Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alerid D Tablet is a combination medicine containing cetirizine and phenylephrine. Cetirizine has antiallergic properties and phenylephrine is a decongestant. It is used to relieve symptoms of the com
mon cold, allergy, hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen grains or dust which includes a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throat, red eyes and watering from the eyes. It also decreases nasal congestion. Cetirizine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Phenylephrine works by narrowing the blood vessels causing relief in nasal congestion. Nausea or vomiting, sleepiness, headache, tiredness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using this medicine....
Uses of Alerid D Tablet
Alerid D Tablet is used to relieve symptoms of the common cold, allergy, hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen grains or dust which includes a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throa
t, red eyes and watering from the eyes. It also decreases nasal congestion....
Contraindications of Alerid D Tablet
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, phenylephrine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe kidney diseases, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, eye conditions called angle-closure glaucoma, hyperactive thyroid, enlarged prostate gland and pheochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland)...Read more
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medicine or have taken it within 14 days.
Side effects of Alerid D Tablet
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sore throat
- Increased heartbeats or feeling of heartbeats
- Irregular heartbeats
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Alerid D Tablet
Can I take Alerid D Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to cause harm to the unborn baby, thus it should be avoided by pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Alerid D Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are not known to pass into breastmilk. This medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alerid D Tablet?
This medicine causes dizziness, sleepiness, etc. Therefore avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Alerid D Tablet?
Consuming alcohol with this medicine can cause sleepiness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have difficulty in urination.
- You have seizure disorders.
- You have indigestion with some sugars.
- You have itching or rash over the body after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 7 days.
- You do not get relief after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Alerid D Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cetirizine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Phenylephrine works by narrowing blood vessels causing relief in
Directions for Use of Alerid D Tablet
- Take this medicine with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alerid D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alerid D Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking other decongestant medicines and medicines used in heart diseases.
Storage and disposal of Alerid D Tablet
- Store it at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerid D Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include confusion, loose motions, dizziness, fatigue, headache, weakness, itching, restlessness, sleepiness, increased heartbeats, urinary retention, tremors, irritability, nau
sea or vomiting, thirst and seizures. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why does taking Alerid D Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Alerid D Tablet contains cetirizine which is fat-soluble and can enter the brain causing sleepiness as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: Does Alerid D Tablet help in relieving cough?
A: Alerid D Tablet is a combination medicine that helps to get relief from the common cold, nasal allergy and nasal congestion. It does not help to get relief from cough.
Q: Should I take Alerid D Tablet if I am engaged in work that needs alertness and higher concentration?
A: Alerid D Tablet can cause sleepiness, therefore it should not be taken by people who are engaged in work that needs alertness and higher concentration.
Q: Can I take Alerid D Tablet for a longer duration?
A: Alerid D Tablet should not be taken for a longer duration. Consult your doctor if your symptoms are not relieved after using this medicine. This medicine should not be taken for more than 7 days continuously.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved